Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Banff Spings Hotel
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Banff, Canada ISO: 200 Aperture: F22 
Posted By: daacon, 09-26-2011, 04:59 PM

I just got home from 9 glorious days in the Canadian Rockies. Originally it was just going to be Jimbo and I. As our plans came together two more Pentax Forums friends from the land down under just happen to be in the neighborhood. So Grant and Anne, Jim and I travelled through Canmore, Banff, Yoho, Jasper and BC. It was a reunion of some old friends whom first met in the 2009 Utah Trip that Grant had initiated (some here may remember that).

We had the gambit of weather , snow, rain, overcast and more than our share of glorious unseasonably warm days (it was 29 C one day). It was some good friends sharing a passion in one of the most beautiful areas of Canada. I can't express how much fun it was.

So now it is time to review , delete and process the keepers. I have only looked at a few , but there is one from the second day that I really like. This is the Banff Spring Hotel. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by daacon; 09-26-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Views: 2,264
09-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Dave, welcome back. With the fog settling in, the hotel looks sort of mystical. Glad you all had a fun time and weren't arrested by the Mounties. Bob
09-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Hey Dave, welcome back. With the fog settling in, the hotel looks sort of mystical. Glad you all had a fun time and weren't arrested by the Mounties. Bob
ha thanks Bob arrested many times , never convicted
09-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Great shot Davey. Here is my example. Interesting week with snow on the mountains the first day and then some of the best weather of the year. We may start boring the site if we post too many! Cheers bud. Will have the group shots done this week. JIM

09-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Here is a picture of the master at work!! Cheers Davey.. JIMBO

09-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gents, that place is GOTHIC - very cool. The last shot is just cheese cake.

Jer
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jim - nice shot as well got a little lower on rock good choice. Drove Grant and Anne to the airport this afternoon they are off on their next adventure. Me the real world hit pretty hard today so hopefully things settle down soon. Yes I appear to be faily involved reviewing the picture - perhaps I was looking for Jack Nicholson Hereeeeeeeeeeeee;s Johnny !

Thanks Jer , Gothic is a very apt description. for the Hotel and there are numerous descriptions for Jim's last contribution ha !

Last edited by daacon; 09-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Thanks Jim - nice shot as well got a little lower on rock good choice. Drove Grant and Anne to the airport this afternoon they are off on their next adventure. Me the real world hit pretty hard today so hopefully things settle down soon. Yes I appear to be faily involved reviewing the picture - perhaps I was looking for Jack Nicholson Hereeeeeeeeeeeee;s Johnny !

Thanks Jer , Gothic is a very apt description. for the Hotel and there are numerous descriptions for Jim's last contribution ha !
Dave, hope tomorrow goes better then today... Cheers JIM
09-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice Dave.
Good to have you back.
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Very cool shot.. has that haunted mansion feel to it with the fog rolling in...
09-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Good job, Dave. I agree with Jer. The scenery is truly gothic. The fog, the tall building in the middle of the forest, the trees and the stone as a frame... wasn´t a vampire over there?
09-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Very nice Dave.
Good to have you back.
Thanks Ash always good to be back on the forums - back to the work world not so much.

QuoteOriginally posted by EdwardConde Quote
Very cool shot.. has that haunted mansion feel to it with the fog rolling in...
Thanks EdwardConde the weather was wet and cool but still offered some photgraphic oppertunites.

QuoteOriginally posted by juanraortiz Quote
Good job, Dave. I agree with Jer. The scenery is truly gothic. The fog, the tall building in the middle of the forest, the trees and the stone as a frame... wasn´t a vampire over there?
Thabks juanraonitz - not sure on the vampire but I do know to stay there it's a little rich for my blood
09-27-2011, 06:03 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

majestic and mystifying architecture.... fine compositions dave... be great for a larger 'meet up' of us forum folks in the future.. dave m
09-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #14
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Wow! I love those, great shots indeed! Even Otis said "beats the hell out of Squirrel shots"!
Regards!
09-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
majestic and mystifying architecture.... fine compositions dave... be great for a larger 'meet up' of us forum folks in the future.. dave m
Thanks Dave - I think we will arrange another trip - fall seems to be the best time , although all seasons offer something (winter can be a bit brutal weather though). Would love to hook up with you and others,

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Wow! I love those, great shots indeed! Even Otis said "beats the hell out of Squirrel shots"!
Regards!
haha thanks Rupert we did see lots of squirrel and chipmonks there Oits would have been fine