Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What? No Squirrels?
Lens: Nokton 58mm F 1.4 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 09-27-2011, 07:41 PM

I do shoot other things...sometimes....Today I took my Nokton to lunch with me, hoping to get a people shot or two and see if I could still MF. The Nokton has a nice smooth MF action, so it is really easy.
This older Mexican gentleman came in, I see him every few months, and he always gets a can Coke and sits in a booth by himself for a while. Nice little smile, and he is always willing to pose for a few snaps. I show him the LCD and since he speaks little English, he will give me a thumbs up or a "No Bueno" if it is not to his approval. He liked this one. Idid too!

1/200 F7.1 ISO 3200 AWB in mixed lighting No NR used.

I did a one click DxO Film Pack 3 conversion, and I think I like it even better?
[IMG] [/IMG]

He is a pleasant old guy, and handsome too...but no match for a handsome Squirrel!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
Views: 956
09-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think I prefer the second one as well - as for the third well that's just your signature ;-)
09-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yeah Dave, I like B/W people shots myself. I need to get back to shooting more people, I always liked that kind of shooting. Some of the old guys down at the SAK make good subjects....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!