Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Washington DC visit
Posted By: loco, 09-29-2011, 09:42 AM

Hi folks,

I had to be in DC for a meeting yesterday and took a couple hours to walk over to the various memorials nearby.

Here are a few of the photos I liked best. Unfortunately, it was middle of the day, so not the best light. I know these things are photographed a lot, so I appreciate anyone who takes the time to look at these.

All are taken with the DA 15 Limited except obviously the shot of the Washington Monument rapellers. Thanks for stopping by.

Views: 2,137
09-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EdwardConde Quote
Sweet shots... As everyone else has pointed out.. B&W on the first was awesome.. the clouds looked great.. and then angles you shot .. real nice job... I haven't been to DC since 95 when I was in the USAF... Hope to go back and do a east coast swing on the historical big cities!! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks so much, Edward! You definitely need to get back. The WWII Memorial is new since you've been there and it's pretty neat.

On a separate note, I'm always struck by how big the Lincoln Memorial is. It is actually quite imposing. Very much like a Greek temple, and I hope the second shot gave some perspective on just how large the building and the Lincoln statue itself are. A very impressive sight and probably my favorite spot on the Mall.