Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Happy Birthday, Herr Dr. P. [7 IMG]
Lens: DA 21L and 35L Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Brazosport College ISO: 80 
Posted By: Sailor, 09-30-2011, 06:19 PM

I can't believe that two years ago today I traded my turbocharged Mazdaspeed MX-5 for Dr. P.; it's my Boxster's birthday - so I shot some photos in celebration. I've put almost 6000 miles on the guy (roughly the same as I put on my bicycle during roughly the same period), and I've enjoyed every one of those miles. However, it's distressing how fast subjective time is flowing as I get older.

Daughter Dr. Robin and Son-in-Law Dr. Kurt are enjoying their first anniversary in Hawaii as I write this - could it really be virtually a whole year since they were married on Oct 9, 2010? And next week, I'm being promoted to Medicare - can I really . . . . . really . . . . . . be 65?

I've included too many pics in this post, but - - hey - - it's Herr Dr. P's birthday.

Jer

Herr Dr. P:

Beauty:

Beauty and the Beast:

Beauty and the Babe (one of which is striking a natural pose):

Coming:

Going:

Roll Over, Beethoven?

Views: 918
09-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What a sweet ride !!! And a sweet lady !!! Next time in Texas you WILL take me for a ride :-) and a sail ahha .... nice shots Bud
09-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have her detailed to the hilt Jer, what a beauty. Now lets talk about the Porsche, I am so happy you got those new plates, but I would still lose the front plate. I know, tickets, tickets. I wonder if we can get the old Sammy Hagar song title changed to "I can finally drive, I'm 65". Y'all look great, go out and celebrate, take care buddy
Bob
09-30-2011, 11:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The Porsche looks fabulous,seems hardly touched ,as for your 65th next week you simply dont look it Jer TFS

cheers

10-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
all i can say jer is that you've done ferd proud.... would like to trade my santa fe suv for an older 911, but somehow the wife isn't on board with that brilliant idea... can't imagine why.... dave m
10-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
What a sweet ride !!! And a sweet lady !!! Next time in Texas you WILL take me for a ride :-) and a sail ahha .... nice shots Bud
Thanks, Dave - and you're welcome to a ride anytime.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
You have her detailed to the hilt Jer, what a beauty. Now lets talk about the Porsche, I am so happy you got those new plates, but I would still lose the front plate. I know, tickets, tickets. I wonder if we can get the old Sammy Hagar song title changed to "I can finally drive, I'm 65". Y'all look great, go out and celebrate, take care buddy
Bob
Hey Bob, regarding the plate, ya gotta remember that I live in Texas where there is no requirement for the punishment - or even the punished - to actually fit the crime .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
The Porsche looks fabulous,seems hardly touched ,as for your 65th next week you simply dont look it Jer TFS

cheers
Thanks, Ivan, but there are plenty of wrinkles in on my (almost) 65-year-old face.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
all i can say jer is that you've done ferd proud.... would like to trade my santa fe suv for an older 911, but somehow the wife isn't on board with that brilliant idea... can't imagine why.... dave m
Thanks, buddy. If it's any help, I'll happily endorse your proposition regarding a 911. However, when I mentioned to my bride that the Boxster would be happier and get better mileage if it shared the garage with another of its own kind - say the new generation 911 Carrera coupe - I received a response similar to the one you experienced.

Jer
10-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Shes'a thing of beauty and the car ain't bad either Jer. Congrat's on two years and its looks like it just came off the show room floor. 65''' think of the reduced cost on meals at most eat-outs. JIM

10-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Shes'a thing of beauty and the car ain't bad either Jer. Congrat's on two years and its looks like it just came off the show room floor. 65''' think of the reduced cost on meals at most eat-outs. JIM
Thanks much, buddy. I also will get a break on my city water bill!

Jer