Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
11 Likes  
Perfect Light
Posted By: daacon, 09-30-2011, 06:20 PM

I can't do any better than this - very little pp ..almost put the camera down and said well now how can I do any better ???

Views: 4,615
08-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi daacon

Firstly it IS a beautiful shot. If you would paint a scenery like this in oil people would say, na it is too pretty scenery like this doesn't exist, it's only done to sell pretty pictures. And yet it does exist ! It is one of those where, at the time when you take it, you just know it will be a good one. Weather was right, no wind to kick up ripples in the water, late low golden sun and the scenery ! And you must feel lucky that were in the right place at the right time. But then again champions make their own luck, don't they. At occasions like these you can't help but feel mother nature is the better artist after all.

Waite a moment, did I say late low golden sun ?

I don't know how to say this, because you and millions of other forum members would love to lynch me for what I am going to say. But I am outspoken, always have been all my live. But I have to stress my verdict is derived from looking at MY monitor, and think the image is just a bit too cool. Well it is a cool image as they say but to me it is a bit to cool colourwise. In the interest of further improving the image, can you just warm the picture a little bit and then compare it with the one you posted and see what you thing. ?

I'll be interested to know what other Forum Members think (knowing the image is likely to be viewed on a variety of good and bad monitors). But don't just say "bugger off, I like it the way it is". Please experiment with the picture by applying different colour settings, compare, and then make a decision.

Best wishes and greetings

08-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #32
Veteran Member

It is rare that I comment on a photo, even if I consider it to be outstanding.

Dave, your picture is spectacular. Thanks for posting it!
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very nice. Crazy smoke here in Banff at the moment from nearby fires. Probably can't even see the mountains now.
08-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I must have missed that shot first time around.I'm glad that I can see it now Dave.Very very nice.--charliezap
Thanks Charlie it's probably my favorite picture of the mountains anyway,

QuoteOriginally posted by Dionisis_K Quote
Amazing shot..Perfect light and framing!!
Thanks Dioisis - appreciate you stopping by to comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
awesome Dave, superb shot!
cheers
thanks CC something to be said right place right time.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
What can one say except amazing, right time, right place and right settings.
haha EM exactly timing helps for sure.

08-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scootskipper Quote
Spectacular image. Looks like it was all coming together and you did your part as well.
Thanks Scootskipper appreciate you stopping by to comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Wow, that is an amazing shot Dave!
Thanks Larry it's haning on the wall and very few are.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
If I ever get one like that, I think I will just hang it up....no need to go on, the climb is over, the mountain conquered! Simply superb!
Regards!
I thought of that exact same thing when I looked it a Rupert - no where to go but down , but hey it's just too much fun to try and find lighting in a bottle

QuoteOriginally posted by fotogaffer Quote
Just looking in after a few days away and saw this shot - fabulous! If you don't mind me asking, did you use any filters when taking this photograph?
Thanks fotogaffer, it's a relatively old one on the forum , almost a year but was resurrected , glad you liked it. Yes I used a CPL on this shot.
08-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
A perfect storm of a picture. Clouds, lighting, still water, and world class-scenery, all present. Congrats!
Thanks Jerry nature provided the canvas

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi daacon

Firstly it IS a beautiful shot. If you would paint a scenery like this in oil people would say, na it is too pretty scenery like this doesn't exist, it's only done to sell pretty pictures. And yet it does exist ! It is one of those where, at the time when you take it, you just know it will be a good one. Weather was right, no wind to kick up ripples in the water, late low golden sun and the scenery ! And you must feel lucky that were in the right place at the right time. But then again champions make their own luck, don't they. At occasions like these you can't help but feel mother nature is the better artist after all.

Waite a moment, did I say late low golden sun ?

I don't know how to say this, because you and millions of other forum members would love to lynch me for what I am going to say. But I am outspoken, always have been all my live. But I have to stress my verdict is derived from looking at MY monitor, and think the image is just a bit too cool. Well it is a cool image as they say but to me it is a bit to cool colourwise. In the interest of further improving the image, can you just warm the picture a little bit and then compare it with the one you posted and see what you thing. ?

I'll be interested to know what other Forum Members think (knowing the image is likely to be viewed on a variety of good and bad monitors). But don't just say "bugger off, I like it the way it is". Please experiment with the picture by applying different colour settings, compare, and then make a decision.

Best wishes and greetings
Thanks for your comments , I am a novice well maybe a step above novice in PP and always enjoy comments and suggestions on how to make a shot better. I never take any critique as a personal failure - I will give that a go. Thanks for taking the time to offer your suggestions and comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by fccwpe Quote
It is rare that I comment on a photo, even if I consider it to be outstanding.
Dave, your picture is spectacular. Thanks for posting it!
I am humbled fccwpe - thanks so much , I am humbled by the number of overall responses this thread has.

QuoteOriginally posted by camo Quote
very nice. Crazy smoke here in Banff at the moment from nearby fires. Probably can't even see the mountains now.
Wow camo - I was considering coming back to Banff / Yohoo / Jasper in the fall but decided on Waterton instead (have never been there). I have been so lucky this year with trips to Banff / Yoho . 4 trips so far and only once had bad weather and that was March so kinda expect that. Hope the fires get under control soon. Rain here for the next few days.
08-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #37
Closed Account

I keep returning to this image. I can't believe I haven't commented yet! This is simply one of the best compositions, lighting, etc., that I've seen. Certainly a wall hanger.

08-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #38

Beautiful work!
08-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wcchamp18 Quote
I keep returning to this image. I can't believe I haven't commented yet! This is simply one of the best compositions, lighting, etc., that I've seen. Certainly a wall hanger.
Thanks wcchamp I really appreciate the kinds words. This is hanging from the wall - first (and only) shot I have in canvas.

QuoteOriginally posted by MBrannon Quote
Beautiful work!
Thanks MBrannon - sometimes it's good to lucky