Lens: Kit 18~55 Camera: K-X 
Posted By: BirdDude007, 10-01-2011, 08:52 PM

Another shot

Views: 791
10-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Brilliant colors! is the lattice effect the result of some filter, or just caused by the ferris wheel lights? Excellent!
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaximus Quote
Brilliant colors! is the lattice effect the result of some filter, or just caused by the ferris wheel lights? Excellent!
You are right , i used a 6 point star filter I picked up real cheap a couple weeks ago at a pawn shop, I decided to wander around the fair with it on my kit lens and basically practice with it. many of the shots I ended up with by the end of the night i was rather surprised with. Thanks for the critique.
10-05-2011, 05:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The effect works well here.

10-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
The effect works well here.
Thanks so much, I aure appreciate the feed back, even though I have dropped out of this level of photography for about 15 years I feel like there is so much to learn over, I feel blessed to be able to capture images such as this, your feed back lets me know inside that I just may be catching back on.
Photography used to be my passion but things happened in life that made it darn near impossible to stay doing it. I did however always have a P&S camera with me at all times during those fifteen years. Back in May I graduated an online graphic design course diploma and I found that when I had to go and find images on the internet to use in my designs it really sparked my intrest back into photography because I felt like I should be getting out there and getting the images myself.
The night I shot this image I was at a local small town fair and as it got darker I totally got into taking many different shots at everything, I was amazed at the abundance of cool images a person can get one of these places. The only problems I had was sometimes my K-x wouldn't release the shutter when I pushed the button but I think I was overlooking something simple in the manual mode, I think I narrowed it down to the fact that I had the auto focus switch on and it wouldn't release the shutter until I was focused on what the camera thought I should have been focusing on.
All in all it was an awesome learning experience for me that night and I am looking forward to other times/occasions like it.