Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My latest Pentax Photo Gallery Submission!
Posted By: Tom Lusk, 12-07-2007, 05:05 PM

Just testing to see if the good folks at PPG have a sense of humour.

Entered as "The Catch - Osprey and Trout" An osprey lifts off from the water after catching a trout.

Views: 3,911
12-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Thanks Hamid.

Now I need to decide whether to head west after Sasquach or overseas to the Loch.

Decisions, decisions.

Oh, Peter, I may have to put off my retirement for a few more weeks. Important work to be done.

Sorry.
Retired? You are only in the 30s right? Too young to do so ...

12-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks, James. But I may have mis-identified the species of bird and fish, now that hamid has drawn my attention to some of the finer details. Hopefully this won't affect the final decision at PPG.

I have your vote(s) right?

And, James, I can remember my 30's. Is that a good sign?
12-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Signs for ...?

Sure I have seen your photos somewhere in DPR with threads like "what do you look like" sort of things. There were numerous of them but sure there was one of you there about my age.

Definitely I will vote it in for sure. This is another realm of photography. hehe
12-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Now I need to decide whether to head west after Sasquach
I know where the Sasquach lives, and I just happen to be going past his home on Thursday.
He usually tells me to leave the camera gear at the door, but I might be able to bribe him with a cookie or 2

12-08-2007, 05:38 AM   #20
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
You're surely stumbled upon 2 previously undiscovered species of bird and fish! The White Bellied Floating Fish and the North American Red Chested Wooden Raptor! Incredible finds! So often, we get such poor quality photographs of such rarities, but this shot is superb!
Thaaaanks a lot Hamidlmt for giving him ideas!!! I was sure I had Tom convinced to send me an xmas present... Now he'll be off on a quest that could take years. And to add to that he goes from shooting some of the sharpest images I've seen to trying to convince us that the fuzzy blob in the upper left corner is a 3 meter tall "Bigfoot".

Thanks Hamid.

Now I need to decide whether to head west after Sasquach or overseas to the Loch.

Decisions, decisions.

Oh, Peter, I may have to put off my retirement for a few more weeks. Important work to be done.

Sorry.
I know Tom! I'll buy one of those Phoenix 400mm beauty's and trade ya. It takes the best fuzzy shots you've ever seen!!
12-08-2007, 05:56 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Great job Tom. It is the first time in my live that I have see wood fly. I like what you did. Now how fast is that bird?