Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Night Train
Lens: 80-320mm Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Williams, AZ ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 10-02-2011, 05:55 PM

Moving the Grand Canyon train in preparation for the next day run to the Grand Canyon. Pic taken on a spur at the RR Station in Williams.

Attached Images

Views: 1,061
10-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice photo.

How did you get an evening or night scene at 1/350 shutter and f5 aperture? There must have been quite a lot of available light.
10-03-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done Bob , I mentioned before i took that train once with my Dad - we had the 'Train Robbery' set up as well with some cowboys on horses pulling us over.
10-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtansley Quote
Very nice photo.

How did you get an evening or night scene at 1/350 shutter and f5 aperture? There must have been quite a lot of available light.
There was quite a bit of light on the right side, photo shot in TAV mode on K-5, I figured that the ISO would have been a lot higher. Thanks for commenting, always appreciated. Bob

10-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done Bob , I mentioned before i took that train once with my Dad - we had the 'Train Robbery' set up as well with some cowboys on horses pulling us over.
Dave, they still have the train robbery as before, fun to look at the kids face when the cowboys come into the trains and rob them. thanks for looking. Bob
10-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
Pentaxian

You're working hard for the contest Bob.One of the judges just whispered to me that you're the front runner for an all expenses paid night with charliezap for "dedication to learning new techniques category."Break out the wine.--charliezap
10-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
You're working hard for the contest Bob.One of the judges just whispered to me that you're the front runner for an all expenses paid night with charliezap for "dedication to learning new techniques category."Break out the wine.--charliezap
Charlie, I think a lot of people would rather edit later, especially since the monitors are so much larger and easier to see. I will have a couple of glasses of white and red merlot though, just to compare of course. Bob