Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Summer's End in the High Country
Lens: SMC Takumar 55mm F1.8 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Colorado ISO: 100 
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 10-02-2011, 07:40 PM

Took a bike ride today up into the mountains. The fall colors are near their peak, but the day wasn't very good for picture taking. I was rainy and overcast, so these pictures aren't anywhere as good as they should have been.

I will probably go back out next weekend to take more photos. I think the peak will be sometime this week, then all those great colors will fall to the ground.

It was a fun ride though!

Views: 1,179
10-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow where exactly is this place in case I decide to visit there next summer
10-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice shots, looks like a great place!
10-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

These are the sort of motives that make my trigger finger twitch. I adore autumn colours and these are fine shots.
This is not posted in the critique section, but I say it anyway: The second last picture is a typical candidate for an ND Grad filter. I have just invested in one of these (Hoya HMC ND4, 2 stops) and now I wonder why it took me so long to get one.

Greetings

10-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
not a good day for taking pics? judging by what you posted, you must be kidding. very nice series.
10-03-2011, 04:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love the Mountians love the fall colors excellent series in difficult conditions.
10-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

QuoteOriginally posted by StDevious Quote
Wow where exactly is this place in case I decide to visit there next summer
Just one small corner in the great Rocky Mountains. Even though this is scenic, there are MUCH more scenic places around here

These photos started at Pennock Pass in northern Colorado, then west on 14 in Poudre Canyon (the Cameron Pass area), and the last two were on Laramie River Road in the Rawah Wilderness area.

10-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

These are the sort of motives that make my trigger finger twitch. I adore autumn colours and these are fine shots.
This is not posted in the critique section, but I say it anyway: The second last picture is a typical candidate for an ND Grad filter. I have just invested in one of these (Hoya HMC ND4, 2 stops) and now I wonder why it took me so long to get one.

Greetings
Yeah, I need to save up for a decent set of filters. I can see where a good filter would really make these pictures better than they are.