Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Tourist Shots
Posted By: daacon, 10-05-2011, 05:55 AM

The Fab 4 hooked up on Sunday 18th September. Karen and I were there on Friday evening, we spent a couple of days in the mountains just to get away from it all. Our timing was not so good as the weather was pretty nasty on Saturday. As we went for a walk around Banff on Saturday morning we had to stop in and get some coffee and a coat for my wife. A warm wife is a happy wife

We vistied the Banff Garden and was surpised for this time of year there were still quite a few flowers still in bloom

The town (Banff)

This one I found interesting - this is the DA 10-17 Fisheye and I applied Lens correction profile in Lightroom III kind of de-fishes it

If you saw mine and Jim's shot of Lake Louise (taken 3 days later) here you can see the difference a few days make As I took this shot (notice the huge snow flake on the lens) it started to snow and wind really picked up - it was time to head inside for some grub!

And finaly Jim, Grant and I drove up to where the Gondola was in Jasper and here is the defintive tourist shot of the town of Jasper

Views: 1,848
10-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think we had better weather!! Looks much clder then I remember buid. JIM

10-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #17
Closed Account

Beautiful shots. I particularly enjoy the last one.
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
great series dave.... that last shot is beautiful..... so nice to see the majesty of nature after dealing with honking horns and rude peoples all day...dave m
Thanks Dave glad I could break up the day

QuoteOriginally posted by sameagle Quote
Nice series ... thanks for taking us along on your trip.
Thanks sameagle - it was a great time.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I think we had better weather!! Looks much clder then I remember buid. JIM
I'll say it was about 20 degrees difference from Saturday when Karen and I went and Wednesday when we all went.

QuoteOriginally posted by wcchamp18 Quote
Beautiful shots. I particularly enjoy the last one.
Thanks Tracy appreciate you stopping by to comment.