Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
k100d photo newb shows his stuff to the world...lol
Posted By: INcreative, 12-19-2006, 03:21 PM

hey guys,

Im new to this site and quite new to the digital world but creativity has been my thing for awhile so i think im doing ok...

heres some pics of before my k100d which i took with a p&s camera i borrowed from my sister ... i just want to show these cause i love my car and im glad how they turned out even though i used such a crappy camera......and then some with my k100d which i had some fun taking....

enjoy and let me know what you think including pointers.

heres the ones with the p&s camera... i know i know this isnt a car forum but its pretty much the only thing i used to take photos with untill i got a better camera.

Now here are what i got with my new k100d... i love this camera... no car pics due to the weather but i don't need the car anyways,... there's plenty around to take pictures of..

check out the geese at the bottom of this

i know ... this one is blurry.... but im still trying to get the hang of the close up shots.

this is the best shot ive ever gotten of my dog Niko. Hes such an energetic dog thats its hard to get photos of him in good positions... i got really lucky with this one... i love this picture.

Last edited by INcreative; 12-19-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Views: 3,961
12-19-2006, 03:22 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster

sorry for posting so many pictures but im real excited about my new k100d and the fact that i found this forum just makes it all the better...plus im really interested to hear some feed back..

let me know what you guys think..

thanx
12-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #3

Seems like we're starting off at the same point. Looking good so far. Don't worry, soon we'll be taking thos spectacular shots that everybody drools over.. I can't wait..

You have a pretty sweet looking honda.
12-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi INcreative, fellow Ontarian!

You can really see the differences in the amount and quantity/ quality of the k100 photos over the P&S.
they are a great start, and the 3rd girl from the bottom is real cute the one above it with the mom and child is another one of my favs.
If you just got the k100, and you are already doing this well, then soon you will be posting some amazing shots, can't wait!

Having a green christmas this year, the first in many years, is definately going to be different!

cheers

randy

12-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanx for the comments guys...

im definilty having loads of fun with this camera... i have tons of photos of that little guy in one of those photos... he's my nefiew... the girl holding him is my sister.. its not my sisters son though.. its my brothers son....and the girl in the photo by herself well thats my girl....also the guy in one of those photos is my dad... i use them as subjects... lol... im definilty gonna have more pics of my nefiew after christmas... they live about 45 min away so i don't see him much but he is gonna be down for xmas so im gonna take as much pics of him as i can...

anyways i hope you guys like the pics....

lets hear some more feed back because thats the only way im gonna learn...

thanx for the comments again....
12-19-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Don't apologize for posting so many photos. It was great to look at them.

The shots you posted using the K100D are very well composed and it looks like your taking advantage of the creative options it's opened up for you. Nothing against the shots from the point'n'shoot, but it just looks like you hit your stride with the SLR shots.

Very nice series. I look forward to more!

You've also reminded me that I'm overdue for a day-trip to TO.
12-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I think that is one of the cleanest looking civic hatches I've ever seen. Not a fan of Civics, but if I were to get one, in the end it would look something like that, only in black......

12-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanx for the compliments...

i really enjoyed taking those pics and yes i feel that since i got this new camera im more open to taking more artistic pics..... i went downtown once when i had the k1000 and that was loads of fun... that was about 3-4 years ago... and i still have those pictures up in my room....

as for the civic i didnt' want it looking like some sort of time machine like most civics... some people go over board trying to make there cars look like some high class sports modle... but the truth is i drive a civic... it was marketed towards woman... as an economic vehicle.... i just tried to take what it was.. and give it a more manly aggresive twist... basiclay its my idea of what honda would have done if they had a sports modle of the 92-95 civic hatch..... thanx for the compliments on the car though... i love that thing..... damn money pit... lol....

im thinking of getting a lens that will allow me to zoom out farther... i would like to take some wild life photos but i can't get close enough to use the current lens i have without scaring off some of the creatures i want to photograph.... what do you guys suggest for a beginner with a low budget... i don't want anything fancy... just something i can begin and learn with..
12-20-2006, 07:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by INcreative Quote
thanx for the compliments...

i really enjoyed taking those pics and yes i feel that since i got this new camera im more open to taking more artistic pics..... i went downtown once when i had the k1000 and that was loads of fun... that was about 3-4 years ago... and i still have those pictures up in my room....

as for the civic i didnt' want it looking like some sort of time machine like most civics... some people go over board trying to make there cars look like some high class sports modle... but the truth is i drive a civic... it was marketed towards woman... as an economic vehicle.... i just tried to take what it was.. and give it a more manly aggresive twist... basiclay its my idea of what honda would have done if they had a sports modle of the 92-95 civic hatch..... thanx for the compliments on the car though... i love that thing..... damn money pit... lol....

im thinking of getting a lens that will allow me to zoom out farther... i would like to take some wild life photos but i can't get close enough to use the current lens i have without scaring off some of the creatures i want to photograph.... what do you guys suggest for a beginner with a low budget... i don't want anything fancy... just something i can begin and learn with..
If price is a consern, then the pentax 50-200 should be well suited for wild life $199 canadian dollars

Henry's Photo - Video - Digital

here is a sigma at the same price:

for about 50 dollars canadian more this tamron would suite your needs
$249 canadian, plus it can zoom in closer

Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Pentax Cameras - Vistek - Product Detail

most other lenses will cost hundreds more.

any of these would suite your needs well, but of course most will tell you to go for pentax, on a pentax site

good luck

randy

Last edited by slip; 12-20-2006 at 07:39 AM.
12-20-2006, 07:44 AM   #10

I was looking at the sigma and tamron 18-200 and 28-200 lenses. And even the 18-125. Also the Pentax 50-200 lens. I figured since I already have the 18-55 kit lens, I decide to go for the 50-200mm. Only thing I like more about the Sigma or Tamron, is you don't have to change the lens around. But oh well, such is life.

I'll probably try to pick up one enxt month. I just got a Vivitar M50mm 1:1.7 in the mail yesterday. Now just waiting for my adapter so I can try it out. Also have a M28mm 2.8 lens coming hopefully this week. Also won a tripod head on ebay.

Check out pbase.com and flickr.com and search for any of those lenses and you'll see some pics done by them.
12-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You have a really nice eye for composition and framing. I really like the last three pictures, good lighting and composition on the portrait, and I just love time elapsed pictures. I haven't gotten a good one yet, but I'm still trying!
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #12

Check this out, see what the 18-55 and the 50-200 can do. forgot the link
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/695-pentax-k100d-test.html

Last edited by Flaco; 12-20-2006 at 12:26 PM.
12-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
You have a really nice eye for composition and framing. I really like the last three pictures, good lighting and composition on the portrait, and I just love time elapsed pictures. I haven't gotten a good one yet, but I'm still trying!
thanx man you just made my day.... it probably comes from my graphic design side... some of the principles from page layouts can be used in photography and how you have the objects in the photo..

as for the lenses im liking that tamron. from my understanding from what i've read on here in the past couple days is that true macro is 1:1.... and that lens offers 1:2 which is better then what the sigma offers and im pretty sure what the pentax lens offers.... plus its just another 60 bucks or so ontop of the other one... i think its worth it especialy for the larger zoom range.
12-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
If price is a consern, then the pentax 50-200 should be well suited for wild life $199 canadian dollars

How good of a store is this pntrs.com/t/TUJGRktHSkJHRkpISUVCRkpOSkVN?url=henrys.com? What's the conversion price on this lens? Would 199 be 160 US dollars? It's only 13 bucks to ship to the US
12-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah henrys is a pretty big store.... its like the walmart of photography stores here.... they sell tons of stuff.. used and new... big and small... photography, film, music...