Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
X-Mas Boat Parade
Posted By: Fl_Gulfer, 12-08-2007, 09:12 PM

PANAMA CITY MARINA Fl. 2007
This is the best I could do with the Knowledge I have and the Equipment. These are the best of 80 photo's I took of the boats. I had no idea I would be this close. I got hit with candy and beads, it was hell trying to take pictures and dodge stuff.
This was my first year so next year I'll be better.

I used the Sigma 28-70 2.8 and had it set on night shots. I still have no clue what I'm doing.

Views: 2,851
12-08-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm impressed.
Other than the second shot being a little soft they are all very well done.

Do you have any tips for the rest of us now that you've been out and gotten some?
12-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

No clue what your doing? I think you did pretty well considering. I really like Boat #26. Good job and I bet you have learned alot and now can't wait for next year. Good job with low light/no light to focus. Did you let the camera focus or manual?
12-09-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You definitely captured some keepers there - interesting dilemma, don't think I've ever had to bob and weave while taking pictures well done!

12-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I set the ISO on 1600 and the camera on Night and let the camera focus itself, It worked great on the boats with lots of lights, but it wouldn't lock on a few boats that had dark lights.
Here are a few more that turned out ok.

12-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
Here are a few more that turned out ok.

This only turned out ok.
Ya right, most f us would be ecstatic if we could consistently get pictures 1/2 as nice.

Nice work
12-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

How did you clean up the noise in these? ISO 1600 they look great!

12-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
They are unedited since I don't know how to edit. I took over a 160 photo's in the 3 hours we sat there and the last hour was the parade, I got alot of awesome photo's sitting there on the marina landing. I just guessed at the settings from the answers I got from you guys on how to take the shots. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/16093-x-mas-boat-parade-help.html
I swear to you guys I have no clue on how to do anything with my camera except from what you guys tell me. I don't even know how to change the F stop and stuff you guys talk about. So most of the settings are auto except the 1600 setting that I got from asking. I was surprised that the pictures were so clear also. If it wasn't for you guys telling me what to do. I would be lost. The book that came with the camera dosen't explain things for a idiot to understand. like ((Take this dial and turn it to this setting, then go to this screen and set this to that ect. ect.))
I'll post a few more shots from the day if it's ok?