Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
My first Photoshoot
Lens: DA*55 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Greece ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s 
Posted By: Dionisis_K, 10-11-2011, 12:11 PM

Hi again guys.. I did my first photoshoot last Satuday and here are the results.. I used my Metz 48AF-1 wireless left of camera.. No backdrop and no other equipment used.. Pretty amateur equipment for this job but i d love to hear your opinion and suggestions..The model is my best friend Haris..

Last edited by Dionisis_K; 10-11-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Views: 1,351
10-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work overall. Good job!
10-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Great photos! I really like the b+w's. If you have another flash or light source to use, I'd say try placing it behind her, aimed at her head to give her a little halo and help her pop out from the black background. Very nice work for the minimal amount of equipment you used.
10-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Nice work overall. Good job!
Thanks a lot!

QuoteOriginally posted by cscurrier Quote
Great photos! I really like the b+w's. If you have another flash or light source to use, I'd say try placing it behind her, aimed at her head to give her a little halo and help her pop out from the black background. Very nice work for the minimal amount of equipment you used.
Yes indeed i 'll get a second flash soon,or depending my finance a set of studio flash.. I 'd love to have a light for halo effect but with one flash it's impossible..Thanks a lot also..

10-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great series! IMO you did a great job! Tom
10-12-2011, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dionisis_K Quote
Yes indeed i 'll get a second flash soon,or depending my finance a set of studio flash.. I 'd love to have a light for halo effect but with one flash it's impossible..Thanks a lot also..
A simple reflector can often take the place of a second strobe. I often use one of those "windshield reflectors" that you can get at almost any auto parts store "2 for $10" (much cheaper than the same thing sold at a camera store). Tape it to a simple light stand (or even a tree branch) and boom... instant fill light.

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 10-13-2011 at 02:47 AM. Reason: typo
10-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I must admit i haven't thought of that.. Clever and cheap.. I would try it for sure..