Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Unfortuneately
Lens: 18-55 WR Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Utah 
Posted By: littledrawe, 10-12-2011, 08:11 AM

My wife was driving home on the interstate on Sunday and unfortunately the Mountain Lion ran across the road at the wrong time. The Highway Patrol Officer said he has been in that area for 22 years and this is the first time he has seen a cougar get hit by a car. I would have much rather seen this girl in the wild but it was fascinating to see it up close and see what they are made of.

Last edited by littledrawe; 10-12-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Views: 959
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What saddening picture's, a very unfortunate end for such a beautiful creature.
10-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awww so sad.
10-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That is sad, they are majestic animals. I guess my old camera has lost its innocence, Drawe. I hope your car wasn't too badly damaged and your wife isn't too upset.

10-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks like there is a very good reason for you having that bull bar on the front of the vehicle.

While yes, it is a shame, around here it is a common occurrence to hit deer, elk, and bear on the road. Kudos to your wife for not panicking and driving off the road - happens a lot around here.

Now off to the taxidermist I hope?
10-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think that is the police vehicle Storm.
10-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Looks like there is a very good reason for you having that bull bar on the front of the vehicle.

While yes, it is a shame, around here it is a common occurrence to hit deer, elk, and bear on the road. Kudos to your wife for not panicking and driving off the road - happens a lot around here.

Now off to the taxidermist I hope?
I was shocked when I heard "mountain lion" I could understand anything else but was surprised by this one.
We tried to get them to let us keep it but they said NO! I thought it may be something we could donate to a local museum that has a huge animal display and they could get it taxidermied again NO was the answer. Then my wife called around yesterday and they told her that it had been taken to a landfill to be disposed of. Didn't seem right to me.

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I guess my old camera has lost its innocence
Sorry about that!! It was sad and my wife loves lions and tigers so it was especially hard on her she would never kill anything if given the choice.

10-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Oh wow. Wish I hadn't seen those pictures.