Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rough Seas off Brittany Coast
Lens: Tamron 18-250mm Camera: K10D Photo Location: Coast off Kerfany les Pins, Brittany, France ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: channeler, 10-12-2011, 09:26 AM

Spent a couple of weeks in Southern Brittany last month. Weather was pretty good overall, but the wind picked up some days creating some fairly rough seas. Managed to find a sheltered spot at the point near Kerfany les Pins and found some entertainment watching small boats struggling against waves and winds to get out to sea.

Paul
Views: 4,920
10-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That is a rough sea, I bet they had some fun in that boat. Lovely captures and great timing.
10-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
yeee-haw! Great shots, and hopefully they came back in successfully too. Without giving a Darwin Award to the passenger without any flotation gear (I'll refrain from adding what I *really* think about that idea - wouldn't want to get banned for it...).

Jim
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rough seas but nice images Paul, thanks for posting them. I'll agree with Jim, no flotation device, that man has a death wish or is a total idiot.

10-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Snappychappy. Thanks Jim and Heinrich. I agree about the flotation gear. I wouldn't want to be out at sea in a small boat without some flotation aid, but in those seas that day it was asking for trouble. I think some of the other passengers were not wearing flotation devices either.

Paul