Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A friend's wedding
Posted By: dugrant153, 12-09-2007, 11:24 PM

Was designated as the official photographer for a friend's wedding. It was definitely a lot of running around, a lot of mental preparation and a lot of stress and sweat, but in the end, the final product was not only to their liking, but also to mine. I was very glad to give my friends the very best of my efforts

My setup was Pentax AF540FGZ flash (my baby!!), Pentax DA 40mm Limited, and the 18mm end of the Pentax DA 18-55mm kit lens. That's right. I used two focal lengths for the entire wedding... 90% of the shots coming from the Pentax DA 40mm Limited. I was lucky in that the roof was just low enough that I could use ceiling bounce flash for most shots.

As the room was very dark, it made it very difficult to shoot in even low light (in fact, other than a few spot lights, there was hardly any illumination at all!!). Thanks for my flash, I was able to capture the ambient darkness, but highlight the main subjects.

I have to admit that I was pretty nervous going in, but once I got into my element everything starting to work out.

Close up of the wedding rings!!

Close up of the flower girl's petals.

Brides maids, flower girl and pastor.

The bride and father. Had to battle with some other p & s flashes in the room, but still managed to get this one!

Bride and groom!!

The vows... I think?

The unity candle lighting.

The new couple make their way down the run way!

The couple and the families shaking hands with the visitors.

A close up of the bride's ring. This was an attempt at some sort of 'macro' shot, but ... yeah... wasn't exactly macro. Still pretty happy with the result.
Views: 1,731
12-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
More wedding pictures!

Had to take almost 10 shots of the two glasses before I finally got the one I liked.

12-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great work, mate.
I have a similar setup minus the 540 - have been relying on M mode with an auto flash.
Your DA40 shots are beautifully sharp.
I'm sure the couple will be happy with their wedding photos.
12-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Beautiful set up shots, you did an excellent job! The shots of the happy couple are stunning and they should be ery happy with these. Thank you for sharing and they are amazing.