Lens: 80-320mm Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Falcon, CO 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 10-15-2011, 05:48 PM

Black Angus on the Colorado Plains.

Attached Images

Views: 1,518
10-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is not Angus, that is steak, roast, hamburger, ribeye and soup bones. It won't be long until that is covered with that white stuff.
Drive safe and take loads of photos........Cliff
10-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool shot, Bob! I love the light in this. And that huge expanse of land and cows gives you a feel of the Old West.
10-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I've lived in the mountains for too long - when I see images like this I long for the wide open plains/prairie like this.

10-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Black Angus, best beef in the world an we raise our fair share in Alberta. It's a very good picture as well, I Like the light, thanks for posting it Bob and safe travels.
10-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Safe travels my friend , all I see here are things that need side dishes (Baked potato, corn on the corb, etc). Might be a good candidate for some BW.
10-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
That is not Angus, that is steak, roast, hamburger, ribeye and soup bones. It won't be long until that is covered with that white stuff.
Drive safe and take loads of photos........Cliff
Sort of funny with us camping near this open field and the cattle grazing there, seems we have BBQ'd a lot lately. We already had one small snowstorm here, headed south in about 2 weeks. tf looking. Bob

10-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Cool shot, Bob! I love the light in this. And that huge expanse of land and cows gives you a feel of the Old West.
thank you Lori, I like the light as well, a little blown out in the upper right, but the sun was setting and it seemed to add to the photo. Sort of funny, people say how Colorado Springs and Denver areas are so crowded, but you drive a couple of miles and it is wide open Old West, people friendly country.
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I've lived in the mountains for too long - when I see images like this I long for the wide open plains/prairie like this.
There is some beautiful country up in PA., I wonder how long it would take you to miss the mountains. Of course from here is the Rocky Mountains, so CO has a bit of everything to offer.
10-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
There is some beautiful country up in PA., I wonder how long it would take you to miss the mountains. Of course from here is the Rocky Mountains, so CO has a bit of everything to offer.
You are exactly right - I do love it and know I would miss it.

But, I have to find some time to travel out west, but is hard working 70 hours a week with only 2 weeks vacation a year.
My father took me to Montana when I was 10 years old - the best memory of my childhood. I will be back if only for an extended visit.

In the meantime, I appreciate the photos you and others who post images of these areas - helps me dream and sleep so good at night here in the mountains!
10-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
You are exactly right - I do love it and know I would miss it.

But, I have to find some time to travel out west, but is hard working 70 hours a week with only 2 weeks vacation a year.
My father took me to Montana when I was 10 years old - the best memory of my childhood. I will be back if only for an extended visit.

In the meantime, I appreciate the photos you and others who post images of these areas - helps me dream and sleep so good at night here in the mountains!
Stan, 70 hours a week, you deserve a break this year. My wife and I were sort of in the same thought process as you. We had our home and responsibilities and living in Ca, could never explore the east which is so rich in history. We made the decision to sell everything 7 years ago and now live fulltime in our motorhome. We have now visited so many areas that we would have never had an opportunity to explore and enjoy sharing our adventures. With your work ethic and commitment, I will see you on the road one of these days. Bob
10-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Black Angus, best beef in the world an we raise our fair share in Alberta. It's a very good picture as well, I Like the light, thanks for posting it Bob and safe travels.
thank you Heinrich, your comments are always appreciated. Bob
10-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Safe travels my friend , all I see here are things that need side dishes (Baked potato, corn on the cob, etc). Might be a good candidate for some BW.
Dave, that is too funny about the side dishes, I will never look at them the same now. Here is a quick b/w conversion. I like the color better mainly because of the lighting.
What about and which do you prefer?
Attached Images

Last edited by Bob Harris; 10-17-2011 at 11:14 AM.
10-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I love both but the first does it for me... you could hang this image beside the hummingbird image and have a complimentary pair.

btw, I see cows enjoying a free range life and that makes my beef taste all the better. Thank you for posting!
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Great image Bob, I like the light and the contrasting colours of the prairie and cows.

Paul