Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nature grows in mysterious ways
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Johnson Canyon ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: daacon, 10-16-2011, 08:43 AM

Not a breath taking photo by any means however it caught my eye. There must have been a reason the tree grew like this with nothing in the way. I suspect this is where the sun rays were comming through from the relatively thick canopy above.

Views: 638
10-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Images like this really do not need a title, a person just views it and thinks "What the Heck". I agree about the lighting/sunshine in the early growth period and the tree probably grew the other way to balance itself out and give it the strength to grow even taller. I have seen many Joshua Trees and Saguaro's grow in so many odd shapes but nothing like this in a wooded area. A series of shots of odd tree growths would make a great coffee table book. Very interesting photo Dave, now all you have to do is get about 49 more and we go to print.
10-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Images like this really do not need a title, a person just views it and thinks "What the Heck". I agree about the lighting/sunshine in the early growth period and the tree probably grew the other way to balance itself out and give it the strength to grow even taller. I have seen many Joshua Trees and Saguaro's grow in so many odd shapes but nothing like this in a wooded area. A series of shots of odd tree growths would make a great coffee table book. Very interesting photo Dave, now all you have to do is get about 49 more and we go to print.
haha indeed I'll keep an eye out for the next 49