Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Moonlite Sedona
Lens: FA 31/1.8 Limited Camera: K20 Photo Location: Sedona - Bell Rock Senic View ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: >6s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: interested_observer, 10-16-2011, 09:48 AM

Another shot from Sedona about 9pm. The moon had just risen, and this was a 21 second exposure - with a 21 second DFS wait (I really am getting pretty tired of the wait). Even at ISO 200 to keep the exposure duration down to minimize the star trails, it was pretty noisy. The Sedona Airport is located up on top of the cliff.

The focus ring on the Carl Zeiss turn backwards with respect to Pentax's, so after switching lenses, I found that I lost several shots because I was slightly OOF. So much for multiple lens vendors....

Attached Images

Views: 969
10-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The lower ISO did give you a brighter sky. What appears to be noise at the bottom of the photo is actually juniper bushes, right? Funny that all of the times we have visited Sedona, I have thought red. Your photo made me concentrate on the varied strata of the mountain, nice shot that I enjoyed viewing. When we leave Colorado, I think we may spend a couple of weeks in the area. TFS, Bob
10-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Afternoon Bob,

This turned out much darker than it was prior to resizing and shrinking it. There was a lot of noise in the sky. I was both very happy and disappointed with the results. Lots of photo opportunities, however to really draw out the colors, you need either a good sunset or sunrise - otherwise it can be pretty bland. The moonlight is white, and essentially mutes the colors and pulls out the white in the various rock formations.

I am waiting for the fall colors, I really did not see any up there yesterday - however, I did not drive through Oak Creek Canyon.