Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Geraldine, the Guard Sheep
Camera: K-5 Photo Location: The Netherlands 
Posted By: Fries, 10-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Meet Geraldine the guard sheep of our small village. Look how fearless see looks into my camera-lens in photo nr. 1! Here gaze makes border collies and other sheep related dogs instantly choose a different career like shepherding butterflies or wildebeest. People and especially canikon photographers who dare to infiltrate my village from the outskirts encounter this grass eating and flesh tearing monster! Most people go to great lengths to avoid our village! (See picture 2) And when you look into here eyes you see the world in a very, very different light (photo 3)...

Greetings from a very scared and traumatized forum member...

1. Geraldine the Guard Sheep

2. Scared people avoiding my village...

3. A different light

In the absence of Rupert and Otis this is my attempt of some lighthearted humor. I'm not a native English speaker so I hope this did the trick!
Views: 985
10-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Three very cool shots. Geraldine looks like a tough cookie, indeed.

Jer
10-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remco, I recently got the same look from an encounter with a Black Angus cow in a nearby field and it is scary. You went to the extra effort to document Geraldine and her effect she has upon visitors and even your village. Sleep well my friend and try not to count sheep in your dreams.
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Soooo, the attack rabbit of a few years back has been replaced Geraldine the guard sheep. What is next? Bob, who counts sheep in the digital age??Cliff

10-19-2011, 05:07 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Three very cool shots. Geraldine looks like a tough cookie, indeed.

Jer
Jer, I've heard Geraldine sort of softens up a bit after consuming some of the special grass they sell in those special coffeeshops whe have in the nearby city...

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Remco, I recently got the same look from an encounter with a Black Angus cow in a nearby field and it is scary. You went to the extra effort to document Geraldine and her effect she has upon visitors and even your village. Sleep well my friend and try not to count sheep in your dreams.
Bob, I hope you recovered well from you own encounter with one of own village defenders. I have tried to substitute sheepcounting with counting parrots but they have the nasty habbit of repeating everything I say so that doesn't work.

QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Soooo, the attack rabbit of a few years back has been replaced Geraldine the guard sheep. What is next? Bob, who counts sheep in the digital age??Cliff
What's next? Isn't one Geraldine enough? And if you have a better substitute for sheep counting I'll gladly give it a try!
10-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In the famous novel, Bored of the Rings, I believe the Riders of Roi-Tan rode sheep that emitted a massive war-bleet. You can't underestimate them.
10-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
In the famous novel, Bored of the Rings, I believe the Riders of Roi-Tan rode sheep that emitted a massive war-bleet. You can't underestimate them.
I had to consult wikipedia for that! But on a (bit) more serious note. Frisian sheep like Geraldine known to be able to emit sound from both ends of their body... And when those sounds combine. Oh boy....