Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cats have it made.
Lens: Pentax 18-250 Camera: k5 Photo Location: Milford NH ISO: 6400 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: charliezap, 10-19-2011, 02:00 PM

After shooting wine bottles for my son, "Newman" the spoiled cat expressed a desire to be immortalized in the cat kingdom for all posterity to see.What a ham.--charliezap
Name:  001-1.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  217.7 KB
1/60 f/6.3 6400ISO 57mm
Name:  003-1.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  169.0 KB
1/80 f/6.3 6400ISO 250mm
Name:  007-1.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  258.9 KB
1/80 f/6.3 6400ISO 100mm with slight pastel filter effect in the k5.

Views: 2,623
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If I looked like that I'd deserve to be immortalized too. Pretty kitty!!!
10-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

sweet! especially #3 !
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Charlie I can tell this cat rules the roost there, you can tell with that certain look and he probably eats better than you and I.

10-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Lovely photos of a lovely cat.

# 3 is just saying "on your knees slave and bow before me!!"

Is that his own special chair in photo # 1?
10-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Charlie I can tell this cat rules the roost there, you can tell with that certain look and he probably eats better than you and I.
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff. Mine do for sure.
10-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Oh yeah, my cats think they have "staff" to serve them, and rightly so.

They cracked me up today. I was a bit under the weather today and we were down to the last can so my folks who wanted to go to Walmart anyhow went and did the cat food run for me. They come back with 35 cans of the regular cat food, 20 cans of those little fancy treat cans, cat crunchies, cat treats, catnip, 2 cat scratchers, a cat hammock, and a huge cushy dog bed that's more than big enough for the whole animal crew around here. It was like freakin Chrismas and the furballs just loved it! First they checked out all the cans as I was putting them away, then we had a nip and scratch party, then they checked out the hammock and finally the bed.

My folks who really shouldn't be spending that much on them probably spent $75 on the cats! My folks are so snowed by these animals it's not even funny! My Mom is that way about my roommate's little dog too. That dog ends up getting more doggie cookies and little personally made sweaters than I can keep track of. I keep telling them they need to get a pet of their own to spoil, but they just look at me, remind me they're done raising animals and kids and insist they'll just spoil our animals.

I'd be jealous but actually they did bring me a $25 TRU card too so I'll be splurging on a new Moxie Teen when I am up to getting there. I was going to put the 2 new ones on my Christmas list but maybe I'll grab me one now. That's my version of a proper "toy" those dolls. Closest thing I've got to a Japanese Ball Joint doll, but a whole lot cheaper. Cats like them too. I've only got a couple so far but I've had to keep them up high so they don't nibble. The hands on those seem to tempt them more for some reason...

10-20-2011, 04:58 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Oh Charlie Newman is gorgeous! I am cat-less since my 40 pound orange tabby passed away a few months ago. Newman reminds me of why I love having a cat around. Just Chill! Lovely photos. Thanks so much for posting!
10-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by mtansley Quote
Lovely photos of a lovely cat.

# 3 is just saying "on your knees slave and bow before me!!"

Is that his own special chair in photo # 1?
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff. Mine do for sure.
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Oh yeah, my cats think they have "staff" to serve them, and rightly so.

They cracked me up today. I was a bit under the weather today and we were down to the last can so my folks who wanted to go to Walmart anyhow went and did the cat food run for me. They come back with 35 cans of the regular cat food, 20 cans of those little fancy treat cans, cat crunchies, cat treats, catnip, 2 cat scratchers, a cat hammock, and a huge cushy dog bed that's more than big enough for the whole animal crew around here. It was like freakin Chrismas and the furballs just loved it! First they checked out all the cans as I was putting them away, then we had a nip and scratch party, then they checked out the hammock and finally the bed.

My folks who really shouldn't be spending that much on them probably spent $75 on the cats! My folks are so snowed by these animals it's not even funny! My Mom is that way about my roommate's little dog too. That dog ends up getting more doggie cookies and little personally made sweaters than I can keep track of. I keep telling them they need to get a pet of their own to spoil, but they just look at me, remind me they're done raising animals and kids and insist they'll just spoil our animals.

I'd be jealous but actually they did bring me a $25 TRU card too so I'll be splurging on a new Moxie Teen when I am up to getting there. I was going to put the 2 new ones on my Christmas list but maybe I'll grab me one now. That's my version of a proper "toy" those dolls. Closest thing I've got to a Japanese Ball Joint doll, but a whole lot cheaper. Cats like them too. I've only got a couple so far but I've had to keep them up high so they don't nibble. The hands on those seem to tempt them more for some reason...
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Oh Charlie Newman is gorgeous! I am cat-less since my 40 pound orange tabby passed away a few months ago. Newman reminds me of why I love having a cat around. Just Chill! Lovely photos. Thanks so much for posting!
Thanks all for the comments.Newman is a house cat but he has a lot of friends and lives the life of Riley.--charliezap
10-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Veteran Member

What a beautiful boy! He looks mighty satisfied. Nice shots!
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
What a beautiful boy! He looks mighty satisfied. Nice shots!
Newman is very satisfied by the response and comments on the forum.Meow to everyone.--charliezap
10-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Charlie I hate to stir up trouble but I am going to have to tell Otis you have been busy taking cat pictures.
10-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cat's were once revered as gods in Egypt in Pharaoh days. They have never forgotten.
10-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #14

Nice looking cat. I especially like the 3rd shot.
10-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #15
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Charlie I hate to stir up trouble but I am going to have to tell Otis you have been busy taking cat pictures.
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Cat's were once revered as gods in Egypt in Pharaoh days. They have never forgotten.
QuoteOriginally posted by Frank B Quote
Nice looking cat. I especially like the 3rd shot.
With all the attention that Newman is garnering on the forum he will only eat Maine lobster tails and fancy albacore tuna.---charliezap