Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
wedding in cemetery
Lens: 35-80 F Camera: K10D 
Posted By: nathancombs, 10-22-2011, 02:45 PM

YEP i shot a wedding in a cemtary. out sied of location it was a strate foword wedding LOL

Attached Images

Views: 1,805
10-23-2011, 03:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A bit too "creative" for my taste but I'm sure they do like the results. My favs are pics 3 and 6
10-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do like the faded look in the third one. Could you tell me how you achieved that effect?
10-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice to see wedding photos outside of the norm. Great work!

10-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i will when i get on line when on my computer its hard to give step by step on my cheep phone
10-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Definitely effective as more a fashion shoot than a wedding portfolio, but well done with the ideas.
Good use of lighting for your subjects.
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Definitely effective as more a fashion shoot than a wedding portfolio, but well done with the ideas.
Good use of lighting for your subjects.
i shot the photos so that i could use them for other things lol hay why only get payed 1x when you can get payed over and over for the same set of photos LOL

10-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
I do like the faded look in the third one. Could you tell me how you achieved that effect?
I am going to give you an over view as you know with PS there is a lot of adjustments and alt things you can do and I tend to make them on the fly. but this is the bace on how i did that photo.

Soft look

1. make copy of background layer
2. filter, blur
3. Gaussian blur on copy background layer as little or as much as you like I pick number at random
4. over on the layer window, I may pick overlay, multiply ect…. Depending on I am filling at the time
5. I may or may not turn the now blurred background layer black and whit or just take a little color out using hue/saturation bar (Ctrl+U)
6. using the opacity slide on the layer window I may drop the opacity (background copy) depending if I think it needs it because doing this presses makes things dark and I may not wont things as dark.
7. flatten layers
8. adjust highlights shadows and midtones as needed
9. save
11-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Hmmm a wedding in a Cemetery, really supports the "death till us part" bit. : I am almost afraid to ask where the honeymoon will be.

Spyglass
11-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #10

Excellent work here, my favourite is 3
11-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nathancombs Quote
I am going to give you an over view as you know with PS there is a lot of adjustments and alt things you can do and I tend to make them on the fly. but this is the bace on how i did that photo.

Soft look

1. make copy of background layer
2. filter, blur
3. Gaussian blur on copy background layer as little or as much as you like I pick number at random
4. over on the layer window, I may pick overlay, multiply ect…. Depending on I am filling at the time
5. I may or may not turn the now blurred background layer black and whit or just take a little color out using hue/saturation bar (Ctrl+U)
6. using the opacity slide on the layer window I may drop the opacity (background copy) depending if I think it needs it because doing this presses makes things dark and I may not wont things as dark.
7. flatten layers
8. adjust highlights shadows and midtones as needed
9. save
Thanks for the insights Nathan!
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #12

I assume the happy couple are unique in their own Halloween type of way. The photos are fantastic, I'm certain they were pleased with the equally unique results.
11-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
they where both very happy and make a good cople the brid i have been photoing on and off for 10 years