Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Oregon Coast near Siuslaw River mouth
Lens: Pentax-A* 600 f/5.6 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Florence, OR ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: rvannatta, 10-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Long telephotos tend to compress distances. Although it looks like I stirred up a storm for this, it was acutally a calm quiet day
with the Pacific Ocean about as peacful as it gets.

Views: 963
10-23-2011, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shot! I know that area well as I'm in Eugene. Nice to know there are local Pentax shooters around. You must have fun with that long lens and all there is to shoot along the coast.

TFS,

MK
10-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Kauffman Quote
Nice shot! I know that area well as I'm in Eugene. Nice to know there are local Pentax shooters around. You must have fun with that long lens and all there is to shoot along the coast.

TFS,

MK
I walked out the north Jetty to a point of a good overlook of the beach. I really went there looking to get a sea gull photo, but failed.
I did get one of another seabird whose ID escapes me. The background could be more exciting but he was standing in the parking lot
by the lookout tower.

This is a full frame shot with the 600.