Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My new site for Pentax videos & stills
Posted By: close-enough, 10-25-2011, 10:51 AM

My new site for Pentax videos & stills

I stopped putting it off. I got tired of arty-farty types putting me down because I had xxxxx.smugmug.com site -- I've still got a smugmug site, but with a new look and its own custom domain

Pile of Prints | SmugMug

Stills- the way we were meant to make movies. ;-) Consider taking a look at this beautiful and controversial remake of a 3 minute film I made using Photo to Movie, stills and history. It is very pleasing to me that the videos are so clear and youtube-ad free. You can go much larger - and my films default to 640x480, but can be viewed at 800 x 600 is you click Mid-Def above them.

Now that my new site is up I will begin working on a film about my street photography in Istanbul with Limited lenses. Currently there are just two films up on my site. The other one is "A Pile of Prints, or Color, what's it good for?"

This a 1 minute overview of my trips around the world with each image changing before your eyes from color to black & white before it is flipped off the pile. It was made using Apple's Keynote which is only $20 now at the Apple Store and well worth a look for Mac users. It is the same program Steve Jobs used for all his keynotes -- but it also outputs to Quicktime, so you can make movies with it.

There are also many photo essays. Above are some images from a series called "Temple Trees" shot in and near Cambodia's Angkor Wat in that I am using to experiment with creating PDFs to publish my work. That will be downloadable from the site in the future.

Right now there are many photo essays on the site -- some provocative, others merely beautiful. In keeping with the tradition of participatory photojournalism suggested by the pile of prints above there is a new photo essay about Occupy Portland:

Stop by and take a look at

Pile of Prints | SmugMug
Views: 970