Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
toyota jacaranda pops 2011 (2MB photos !)
Lens: FA31Ltd & DFA100WR Camera: K5 Photo Location: Kloofendal Amphitheatre, Roodepoort, South Africa 
Posted By: sterretje, 10-25-2011, 11:08 AM

The past weekend my wife and I went to an open-air evening concert in the Kloofendal Nature Reserve around the corner of my house in Roodepoort; nice to know that you can crawl back if necessary. The concert involved a number of South African artists backed by the Johannesburg Philharmonic Orchestra (pop meets classic).

I decided to take my K5 and my 2 AF primes as well as the AF540 flash. As I‘m a lazy photographer who hates lens swapping, I planned to do a round with the FA31Ltd followed by a round with the DFA100WR and repeat this sequence. During lens swapping I did chat with my wife so she would not feel completely ignored, brought her drinks and food, showed her some photos etc.

I have used this approach before and again it worked well for me, possibly because my mindset is that for every missed opportunity there are two other possible opportunities.

Below some impressions.

Except for the first one, no flash was used.
Except for redeye removal in the first one, no PP was applied in the others. Only resize

Feel free to comment on what I or the equipment could have done better (don't worry about commenting on composition).

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

Last edited by sterretje; 10-25-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Views: 1,967
10-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You have to admire the K5s amazing low light quality, just love no.9 that is a cracker.
10-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
12 it is for me; the pure joy on the face of the mother makes it. I was just 2 seconds too late as her child was also still active.