Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A hike in the park, Leaf Lake Trail
Lens: Da 18-135, Fa 50, DA 10-17 Camera: K 20D & K-x Photo Location: Algoqnuin Park, Leaf Lake Trail 
Posted By: normhead, 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM

This time of year, when we are looking for places to walk the dogs that might not involve the presence of hunters, the Leaf Lake trail makes a nice walk. We have to go late in the day to avoid horses, this is an actively used horse and rider trail, and in the winter it's a cross country ski trail. This time of year it's a good place to have a long walk in the park. Long enough to tire out border collies, and with a number of excellent features and lookouts.

Here's our track log, uploaded to Google Earth.

Who knows where we are? The GPS do!

The picture below is taken from the lookout in front of the Galeairy Lake -Mud Bay- cabin. You can see Mud bay, and the town of Whiteny off to the left.

The whole story (in pictures) is here
Leaf-Lake_Trail pictures by Norm_Head - Photobucket
Views: 854
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series Norm, this friend of mine used to walk his dogs in the park and he said it was an easy way to meet woman, looks like it works, huh. We are in Colorado right now and supposed to get about 8 inches of snow tonight, I'll send it your way. Bob
10-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I meet a woman every time I go to the park... it's always the same woman, but hey, my odds are still really good. 8 inches of snow you say? Now I have already been touched by a few snow flakes this year, but nothing like 8 inches. Build a snow man dude, maybe do some x-country skiing. Party on, but please, no pictures, we'll be surrounded by the white stuff soon enough.. no need to accelerate the process.
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Very nice series Norm.And speaking of snow this Thurs night the Boston area is forecast by some to get a coating to 1" of the white stuff.Much to early.--charliezap

10-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Thurs night the Boston area is forecast by some to get a coating to 1"
Charlie... Bob comes on and says he's getting 8 inches, you have to come on and say you're getting 10. Just one little extra 0, hardly a lie at all. We can't start letting him think he's got a leg up on us, in any department.

QuoteQuote:
We are in Colorado right now
I bet the Grand Canyon would look really good with dusting of snow... isn't that somewhere in Colorado?