Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Christmas is coming....
Posted By: Andrew Faires, 12-20-2006, 09:35 AM

...the goose is getting fat....

Needed a break from office life yesterday, so I took a stroll at lunch, down by the river. Found a few very cooperative Canada Geese to photograph. Only problem was having to go back to work after.

K10D, FA*400mm set to f/10, 1/200 shutter speed (-7/10 exp. comp was used while in aperture priority), hand-held with SR on.

This one isn't quite as good to my eyes, but I love the detail that came out in the neck feathers

Same as above, except shutter speed was 1/125.

Had to back up a few times as the geese were grazing and coming too close to focus. A nice problem to have for a change
Views: 1,421
12-20-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey Andrew. This time is about geese

Your fascination with birds are clear and Fa400 f5.6 really does you justice in producing great sharp images!

You can call me having a fetish or not that I love to photograph the bum of goose. It wags from side to side when it walks and I found it cute.

I wonder if you could take some shots like that as well (it would be best if the head turns back to face the camera together with bum)

Merry Christmas!
12-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You do have a flair for birding shots, and a good hand. 1/125 sec with SR on a 400mm lense hummm... is that about 3 stops equivelant?
12-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Clarence and James!

I'll see what I can do the next time I'm down at the river, James. I suspect my 'models' will be there when I go back.