Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Capitol Reef National Park-part 2
Camera: Kx Photo Location: Utah 
Posted By: jkwhawk, 10-27-2011, 10:24 AM

Random images today from around the park. The lighting was generally bad during the day, but got better at sunset. I think, however, you can get an idea of the immense scope of this area. The Hickman Bridge is a natural arch on a heavily used trail. I was surprised at the lack of signs and guardrails. It was refreshing. The Headquarters Canyon is a slot canyon that requires a 35 mile drive on gravel to reach the trailhead. It's worth the drive. The sunset pictures were from an observation area near the park entrance. Lots of photographers here in the evening but not a lot who seemed to be looking for something a little different. I think the problem is that there is so much to see it's hard to look closely at anything. Jim

Last edited by jkwhawk; 01-19-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Views: 819
10-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the colors in #3!

Jim
10-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Reminds me of "127 Hours" and is kind of creeping me out. Still what a beautiful place, thanks for sharing. Number 3 is also my favorite.
10-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice series of photos that show the area well. I love the canyon photo, a place again that must be visited to appreciate the size and beauty. It is great you were able to spend time in one area and explore the land and what it has to offer. Off season is the time to appreciate the solitude of camping and kick back and enjoy Gods Country. Looking forward to your continuing series. Bob