Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
HDRing
Posted By: thomasjmpark, 12-13-2007, 08:25 AM

Hi,

Its not the town im afraid but i will get some shots soon. These were taken on a short cycle ride up the river.

I should have done a silly pose for this one

Views: 1,781
12-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nic series - the HD photo's look good really pops the color. And I assume that you casting a long shadow in the last one - I think it would look better without the shadows (a crop) , that's just me.
12-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

HDR is so cool, I really need to try some.
12-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #4

Really nice set - I like the first two with the river.

The composition of the photo is pretty interesting in the first shot. There really seems to everything positioned just right.

However the second shot I find the tree branch on the right to get in the way. In the first picture it was working well since it was filling the whole in the sky on the top right. I just feel it takes up way to much space in the second picture.

They are really fantastic.

Edit - I'm in the same boat as buddha "I really need to try some" - the effect is just so amazing

12-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks guys

QuoteQuote:
I think it would look better without the shadows (a crop)
Thankyou. The shadow was just a bit of sillyness really, I need to work on this photo to get it looking spot on (minus shadow). Im actually the long thin pole in the middle!

QuoteQuote:
HDR is so cool, I really need to try some.
Yes HDR is great, I really enjoy the process of taking these types of shots.

QuoteQuote:
However the second shot I find the tree branch on the right to get in the way. In the first picture it was working well since it was filling the whole in the sky on the top right. I just feel it takes up way to much space in the second picture.
Thanks CJ, I agree about the tree in the 2nd, I wanted to get closer to the river and didnt think about the tree intruding, thanks for pointing that out, now wheres that clone tool again