Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
pip.....my friend.
Lens: ???? Camera: ist DL Photo Location: Home.England. ISO: 200 Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: billypip, 10-30-2011, 01:16 PM

My exif is only a rough guide as I made the silly mistake of not taking notes with manual lense on dslr ! I do like this b+w conversion but there seems to be something missing and Im not sure what it is.........can any-one help with critique ? Please be brutal !

Attached Images

Views: 727
10-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not one to critique, but as a dog lover, I took the liberty to adjust a couple parameters to my taste......

Last edited by stormtech; 06-25-2012 at 07:16 PM.
10-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Well, i like the pose and the dog is attractive, the BW works for this dog i think.

Things i might do if its my photo:
a. Toning looks a little flat, raise the contrast
b. Looks a little dark in total, brighten it a bit
c. I don't know that the lower half of the pic adds anything. I might
crop it off at the shoulders and turn it into a 1x1 portrait. That loses the whole OOF lower half
d. The sharpness seems to be lacking, the lower ear edges appear sharper than the front part of the nose.
No way to fix this, but try to get a better focus next time, with perhaps a larger dof. with pets moving around, thats difficult i know from experience
10-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #4

Original Poster
pip

Thanks Stormtech , it does look nice even though some people dont like the Clarity knocking down that far.........works for me though.
Thankyou too Philbaum, I shall try your suggestions except for the crop as it is heavily cropped anyway. The Black and white conversion was done with a Lightroom preset that mimmicks specific b+w film types. Here is the original pic.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL  Photo