Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Recarged the battery today - shots from my office
Posted By: doggydude, 12-20-2006, 02:12 PM

No flash - hand held, SR-on - M-mode w/Green Button handling the settings.

Hand-held, with flash, again M-mode & Green Button, one sharpen click in PS 6.0 (what a dramatic difference)

No flash - hand held, SR-on - M-mode w/Green Button handling the settings.

Flash on - hand held, SR-on - M-mode w/Green Button handling the settings.

Flash on - hand held, green button settings in M-mode

Almost forgot - image size is set to 6 mp, ***.

OK, so that little green button up top on the K10d is really a cool little piece of work.

...and yes, we have four full-sized, old school video games in our cafeteria...along with a big screen with home theatre, XBOX 360 and a stocked beer fridge...

100,000 points to anyone who knows what video game that pic belongs to.
Views: 1,542
12-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Star Wars..
12-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
Star Wars..
You'd think so, but no - sorry. It's not Star Wars.
12-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Asteroids.

12-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Asteroids.
Nope, sorry. This could be fun. ...and I'm not messing with you guys, you're actually not right.
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #6

Damn, how did I miss these shots???

They look pretty damn good there doggy. What the heck is this green button you speak of on the k10? We don't have a green button on the k100. Only thing I can think of on the k100, is the thingy next to "on", on the k100 that we turn past on to use. forgot the name of it though.
12-21-2006, 11:01 AM   #7

Original Poster
Here's a great pic from *shudder* The Other Place...

Seriously, dpreview's review pics show the Green Button perfectly:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PentaxK10D/Images/inhand02.jpg

(I'm trying not to hot link the actual picture from dpreview.)

It's the little button with the green dot on top just to the left of the person's finger in the picture.

Anyway, yeah, it does a pretty decent job of figuring out the situation for ya. I took the pics of the underside of the dead leaf, ran one click on Sharpen in Photoshop 6.0 and was shocked to see the viens in the image suddenly jump out at me.

The whole shot (on my laptop's 17" screen" had an almost 3D feel to it.

But the really great thing was, in that pic, I shot RAW, so all the hidden details were their waiting for me to find in Post Processing. AND, because the camera showed me the settings for the shot (and it's now in my EXIF data), I can learn what "makes" a decent shot by following the camera's lead.

Naturally, at some point, the camera will not snap the shot I'd hoped for, and I'll know what to tweak to get it just the way I wanted.

Me luvs the Green Button!

12-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

greens buttons great when I get a brain fart, and I lose track of what my settings should be.

anyway..here's my guess...

Galaga?
12-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Forget the video game, you have a stocked beer fridge at work????
12-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
Forget the video game, you have a stocked beer fridge at work????

LOL, that's what I forgot to speak about... What kind of work are you doing where ya got beer in the fridge? And video games in the lounge???
12-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #11

Original Poster
HELLO? Anyone remember why we're in this thread?

LOL

OK, let' see if I can cover this:

1 - the video game is GORF
2 - I work for a sports media company - we run websites and supply stats to USA Today, MSNBC, etc. Chances are, if you have a local paper, and visit their website, you'll see our stats in their sports section.
3 - yes, we have a stocked beer fridge in the cafeteria - and plasma TVs (3) and a patio with BBQs, and other video games, and a shuffleboard (with a tourney underway right now) and a bubble hockey game, too.

We work hard, and we play hard - dumb line, but true.

I can work from home, but usually only do so when the weather is bad. We have our main offices in Eastern Canada and one each in Las Vegas and Galway, Ireland.

For 2006 we were awarded the Globe and Mail's top spot in the Best Companies to work for survey...then we won a Canadian Enterprenuer of the year award (our founder did) and 2 years ago we were awarded the Small Business of the Year award by our local Chamber of Commerce.

We started as two guys with a small website, now we're over 200 people, in three locations, running about 6 of our own websites, and in partnership with over 300 other daily newspapers.

...so yes, back the beer fridge (we used to have a keg plumbed in, but maintenance was a headache). Every Friday at 4:30 PM is Beer O'Clock - everyone meets in the cafeteria for a couple beer, to chat, catch up after a week of head-down, fingers-on-the-keyboards work.

Christmas party with drinks every year, and a summer harbor cruise (with drinks again) every summer.

This is, quite honestly, the best job with the best company.

...and if you work here for more than 1 year, full-time, you get share options in the joint, too.

Those shots above were my last hour of work yesterday.