Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The fog
Lens: F 28 f/2.8 Camera: K7 Photo Location: Konstanz, Germany ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/4000s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Davidw0815, 11-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Fall finally arrived and thus the fog season started here at Lake Constance. We propably won't see the sun till spring...

Last edited by Davidw0815; 11-11-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Views: 872
11-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Very minimalist and atmospheric image, I like.
11-11-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Davidw0815 Quote
Fall finally arrived and thus the fog season started here at Lake Constance. We propably won't see the sun till spring...
Nice, but perhaps just a smidgen too dark.

Greetings
11-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like this moody shot - very well done.

Jer

11-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments, guys!

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Nice, but perhaps just a smidgen too dark.
I know what you mean, Schraubstock. I took another photo with a slightly longer exposure:

I like the shots, but I'm still not sure which one I like better. Took me quiet some time to decide which one to post here and now I end up posting both ;-)
11-12-2011, 06:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LOL David, the curse of sharing!!! which one which one... well, I am glad you posted both and why not, we are here because we love looking at photos. These are very artistic and on this monitor, which shows a bit dark anyway, I like the second. btw, you must get some pretty special images when the sun does try to push its way through the fog?
11-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes the lighter one for sure. One can see some more details and more easily. In the darker one I concentrate too much trying to make out what some of the details are. It is an automatic reaction. But now I can see them as part of the whole picture and the lighter rendering does not take anything away from the mood. Do I make sense?

Greetings

11-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
LOL David, the curse of sharing!!! which one which one... well, I am glad you posted both and why not, we are here because we love looking at photos. These are very artistic and on this monitor, which shows a bit dark anyway, I like the second. btw, you must get some pretty special images when the sun does try to push its way through the fog?
Thanks, Tess. The fog creates some dramatic light situations. Last Thursday was full moon and I was hoping for some shots. But the fog was so dense, the moon was just a diffuse light in the sky. I did take some photos eventually, but not of the moon.

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Yes the lighter one for sure. One can see some more details and more easily. In the darker one I concentrate too much trying to make out what some of the details are. It is an automatic reaction. But now I can see them as part of the whole picture and the lighter rendering does not take anything away from the mood. Do I make sense?
You make a lot of sense, Schraubstock. I wasn't sure if the lighter one gets the mood in the same way the darker does. I concentrated on the dark aspects of the picture and didn't think about the details. I see your point about making out the details. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my images.