Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
God's Backyard (or Garden of the Gods)
Lens: DA35 Limited Camera: K-x 
Posted By: nate_b, 11-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Inspired by Bob's post (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/163868-travel-visiting-garden-gods-2.html) and a perfect Fall day, my wife and I loaded the kids in the car and made a quick 45 minute trip south to God's Backyard (Garden of the Gods) this past weekend. Since the afternoon was all about spending some quality time with the wife and kids in the Great Outdoors, the K-x and DA35 were on family snapshot duty the majority of the time. I did, however, manage to sneak in a few non-family shots in a humble attempt to capture the beauty that enveloped us. I apologize in advance for the repetitive point of view. We stuck to only one small section of The Garden with the kids, and the best view was facing northwest.

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

[8]

[9]

[Obligatory Family Snapshot]

Last edited by nate_b; 11-01-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Views: 1,062
11-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shots Nate as is your family. Great place to spend quality, special times that will always be remembered. Bundle up buddy, you have another one coming in tonight. We are in NM now, outran the snow for now. Bob
11-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bright and colourful imagery Nate.
Gorgeous family too.
Thanks for sharing.
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #4

Bob is an inspiration isn't he? All really nice shots, but I especially like #3. Nice composition and the muted colors are wonderful. Treasure your family...this time will go by much to quickly! Jim

11-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Beautiful shots Nate as is your family. Great place to spend quality, special times that will always be remembered. Bundle up buddy, you have another one coming in tonight. We are in NM now, outran the snow for now. Bob
Glad you found this thread, Bob. Thanks for inspiring us to visit - it was certainly a special time together as a family that won't be forgotten. Got 8-10 inches of the white stuff where we live in the SW metro area. Got to work just fine this morning - the road crews out here do some amazing work. We due for another storm this Saturday. Glad you were able to outrun the blizzard like conditions when it hit last night. Safe travels, my friend.
11-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great stuff, Nate - you and Bob make me want to return CO.

Jer
11-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Bright and colourful imagery Nate.
Gorgeous family too.
Thanks for sharing.
Great to hear from you, Ash. Thanks for the kind words, and all the best from my family to yours.

-Nate

11-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Keep 'em coming, Nate, beautiful area, nice shots, great family.
11-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jkwhawk Quote
Bob is an inspiration isn't he? All really nice shots, but I especially like #3. Nice composition and the muted colors are wonderful. Treasure your family...this time will go by much to quickly! Jim
Bob certainly is, as he seems to be someone who is living life to the fullest and savoring every moment. Glad you like the series and #3 in particular, Jim. Thanks for the kind words. Regarding the family, time is already going by much too quickly. They are treasured, indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great stuff, Nate - you and Bob make me want to return CO.

Jer
Thanks, Jer. If/when you return to CO, let me know as I would love to connect.
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Keep 'em coming, Nate, beautiful area, nice shots, great family.
I will if you will, Jay. Deal?
As always, thanks for the kind words.