Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A ride around Hungry Horse reservoir, NW Montana
Lens: Various Camera: K-2000/K-m Photo Location: Hungry Horse Reservoir, Montana 
Posted By: Stan, 11-03-2011, 10:58 PM

Due to a bum knee, today's hunting trip turned into a road trip to check out areas previously hunted. So I loaded up the truck and headed that direction.

First glimpse of the sun on a brisk morning.

A bit later, and the sun is up. This is looking East across the Reservoir at mountaintops in the Great Bear Wilderness area.

As things begin to warm up, a morning mist comes off the water.

Took one side trip to a previous hunting area to check for sign, by the time I got back to the reservoir I was greeted with a nice blue sky and relatively calm waters.

South Fork of the Flathead River just before it feeds into the reservoir.

While I was up that way, decided to check on one of our favorite camping spots. All neat and tidy.

All in all, a nice day. A bit over 130 miles for the trip around the reservoir, did see a few animals -- but not as much sign as I was hoping to see. Maybe a bit more snow is in order.......
Views: 880
11-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would say your hunting trip was very successful, what beautiful country you photographed, great job, thanks for sharing the beauty. Bob
11-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Beautiful light in these late fall, winter-is-coming photos. I like all, but the first is a favorite. Large versions must be looking gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
11-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #4

Nice shots! The colors are spot on. I lived in Seeley Lake for 20 years before moving to Dillon and my memories of the spectacular fall-to-winter times are fading. Thanks for bringing them back. Jim

11-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments. It was a nice ride, rather chilly in the morning but turned into a beautiful fall day.
11-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Gosh, Stan - these shots are jewels; they have their own unique atmosphere (for lack of a better word). I wish I had taken them.

Jer
11-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #7

Love the 1st.