Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Babe
Lens: Pentax 77 mm f/1.8 Limited Camera: k-7 Photo Location: Eugene, Oregon ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: Marcus Kauffman, 11-04-2011, 11:13 AM

That's her real name! (it's on her business card even)

A couple natural light black and whites of one of my favorite subjects. After over a year, she has learned to relax in front of the camera. Next thing I know she'll start ignoring me! (which could be good from a photographic perspective at least ).

C & C appreciated as always,

Marcus

Attached Images

Views: 1,100
11-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Marcus - I dig both shots. I like the spontaneity - that hits that semi-posed sweetspot I enjoy seeing in portraits.

Jer
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Marcus - I dig both shots. I like the spontaneity - that hits that semi-posed sweetspot I enjoy seeing in portraits.

Jer
Thanks Jer! Appreciate the comments.

MK
11-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah Marcus these are lovely. I love the second very much, you have captured her eyes and emotion smiling, but I don't care for the sepia. The first is very nice. Love the "pose" and black and white. Maybe I would have her out of the shadow a bit so it did not cross her forehead... that could be just me, I don't know anything about portrait photography.

Lovely photos in every way!

11-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Ah Marcus these are lovely. I love the second very much, you have captured her eyes and emotion smiling, but I don't care for the sepia. The first is very nice. Love the "pose" and black and white. Maybe I would have her out of the shadow a bit so it did not cross her forehead... that could be just me, I don't know anything about portrait photography.

Lovely photos in every way!
Hey Tess--Thanks for the comments! You don't like the sepia eh? I'll try it another way and see if I like it better. I hear you about the shadow. I did not see that until after. But I still think it is kinds of interesting in a symbolic way.

MK
11-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi Marcus, I think your model is too young and vibrant for sepia which always makes me think of falling down barns and images that have a dated appearance (just personal preference) ... what about making the sepia a bit lighter? I do like the softness of a very pale sepia.
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Very nice portraits! The expression is quite natural, which I really like. The sepia looks good, but I would like to see a color version as well. Good job!

11-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@Tess and Lori,

Thanks for the comments! As per your requests and suggestions, below are color and straight up black and white version .

Tess, my "model" was pleased to hear you thought her too young and vibrant for sepia .

Let me know what you think.

MK
Attached Images

11-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #9
Veteran Member

After seeing them, I do think I like the straight b/w better than the sepia. And I think I prefer the color out of all of them. Very nice.
11-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Hey Marcus, I love the colour version! The black and white is very nice too, artistically speaking, but the colour version has a lot of appeal with that sparkle in your models eyes more pronounced. Thanks for sharing and for asking for our input!