Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Frosty
Lens: Tamron 90 2.8 macro Camera: K-x Photo Location: backyard 
Posted By: tessfully, 11-05-2011, 04:43 PM

I have had some fun with the macro lens as frost and sun beckons early morning.

thank you for looking!
Views: 990
11-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These are all simply striking!

Also, it made me feel kind of....well....dumb in a way. When I just viewed your photos, I remember this morning when making my coffee how pretty the heavy frost was. At that time in the morning my mind was focused only on coffee, and didn't even think to grab my camera for a few shots.

Next time I will, thanks to you!
11-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These are all great images Tess. Love the first and third images. JIM
11-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Nicely done!
Thanks for posting your photographs.

11-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I looked at these for some inspiration and certainly found it. I like too many to comment individually. Very nicely done.
11-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful captures Tess, this is natures way of freeze drying, something you enjoy doing. There is always beauty among us, like you did, we just have to open our eyes and find it. Wishing you and Norm a warm winter.
11-06-2011, 04:33 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like them a lot Tess. Especially the third, but that might be a professional deviation.....

I am glad winter stays away here for the moment. Although today is greyish (well, heavy grey
might be a better description ), we have some nice autumn days these weeks, and warm -
around 16 centigrades last week and around 12 just ahead - weather. I would hate frost
at the moment.... Although your photos show the beauty of it...

11-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Stunning series, Tess! I tried some of these a week or so ago but they did not turn out like this! I absolutely ADORE #3 especially. Wonderful.
11-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you one and all! The folks here, your willingness to look and comment, is my inspiration to get out and photograph in the first place. Thank you thank you thank you! It is always interesting to know which one of the bunch spoke loudest... # 3 is I do like, but # 2 is my very favourite as I had to work so hard to get that... I finally had to use manual focus, not one of my strengths as my eyes are dim with age, and it took about 20 shots to get one crisp enough to use... same with # 10.

Stormtech and audiobomber, did you get out this morning? Another sunny frosty one here! Bob I have a very warm coat and a lovely fireplace in front of the lazy boy. One way or the other we will be warm! Loco, the first shoot I did I had to toss most of them as I did not use a tripod. That made all the difference. (Rense "professional deviation" ?>?) Thanks SMF, it was my pleasure to post. Jimbo, thank you....
11-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
It is always interesting to know which one of the bunch spoke loudest... # 3 is I do like, but # 2 is my very favourite as I had to work so hard to get that...

Stormtech and audiobomber, did you get out this morning? Another sunny frosty one here!
If I had to pick a favourite, it's #7 (unless I miscounted, the red leaves with long shards of frost), but #3 is exceptional as well.

No frost here overnight. It was a balmy 3 degrees Celsius (that's 37F for you luddites. )
11-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Tess,

Nice work on these. #3 appeals to me as I like the light shining through the leaves and frost. Fun series!

MK
11-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks audiobomber and Marcus... I also thought 7 was very good with the heavy frost... except that one leaf out of focus bugs me! Looks like 3 is my winner and 2 my personal fave.
11-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tess, those are some very interesting shots, no bad ones. My question is, how do you get that white stuff to grow out of the flowers like that. I see photography as the world around us and we get to decide which parts of it we want to preserve and you made some more outstanding choices with this series. Thanks for going out and capturing these and sharing with fellow shutterbugs. Cliff