Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
National Metal Day
Lens: Penatx-F 50mm f/1.7 Camera: Pentax K-x ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F1.7 
Posted By: martyd14, 11-17-2011, 11:54 AM

Some shots taken on National Metal Day of the band Night Haven. Getting these guys to stay still for half a second is almost impossible. Sometimes you get lucky.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 

Views: 974
11-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
that's always a challenge. some of the clubs i've shot in are barely lit by more than a 100 watt bulb it seems so stopping action gets very tough
11-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well i have heard alot of talk about how you just can't use Pentax to shoot anything that requires quick auto focus. All of my stuff has been done with auto focus. It just takes practice! There are a couple of other guys i see at shows though and i get that "your using that?" look. Then they see what comes out I happen to think that the Pentax line is better suited than most for low light photography.
11-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hell I'm at shows shooting with Manual focus lenses frequently i get odd looks all the time. At the bigger events (like the outdoor shows at NXNE) I will end up beside older guys from the big newspapers. they don't look at me odd because they have shot shows with MF, instead they will ask to try my kit lol
I only get the snide stuff from young kids who aren't overly informed and think the only way to shoot is machine gunning with a big white lens
one guy i see regularly at shows here is even older than me (I'm 51) and he shoots with 2 LX's and 4 primes all on film he develops himself (colour and b/w) I like it when he shows up because we will swap lenses and try the other guys stuff (he has some really nice glass)

11-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

as an example m200 f4.0 from the Pit at NXNE, band was OFF! (Keith Morris from Black Flag and The Circle Jerks new band)