Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I Shot The Sheriff......
Camera: x10 Photo Location: Texas 
Posted By: Rupert, 11-23-2011, 02:22 PM

(but I did not shoot the Deputy) With a guy like me, it is bound to happen sooner or later......you know it when you get banned at place after place, and those Wanted Posters start making the rounds.....You can feel it in your bones that the end may be near, and it is time to prepare for the worst. You long for your Pal Mr Don to be by your side covering your back, but he is as wanted as you are and has to keep that low profile too.....

Time for my last words, maybe a new Will leaving everything to Otis but my Bigma, which goes to Mick? Maybe a few words for the Devil Squirrel to read at my wake? A box of new Credit Cards for Mrs Rupert? A goodbye to my Mom?

No, maybe I just want to go out with some clean pearly whites...so I got myself in for a cleaning and exam...skip the exam, I won't be around long enough for it to matter....

Even in the end, you must pay before you receive.......will you take my insurance?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Full coverage always brings a smile!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Tori, this might be old Rupert's last visit......you like that, look at that smile! LOL!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Nice and white, sparkling in the High Noon Texas sun........on to the SAK, where I have spent so many happier times.....Oh the memories...my little Dolly, old Charles and the old guys, Reuben, Larry.....all my lovely models.......a fitting place to meet my Maker.....

He came in from the side of the SAK, I never saw him pull up. The door swung open and there he was...on me in a flash with that serious look I had dreaded......I heard him yell out, "I'm here for Rupert"........Before he could complete his draw....I had the x10 on him and the lightning fast AF had him in perfect focus right between the eyes......he never had a chance.....RIP Sheriff Allen Hardin....Unlike the famous outlaw John Wesley Hardin that gunned down over 40 men, you had to face a more prepared shooter, and those steely eyes should have told you to turn and run.

You'd better be fast Allen...I'm packin' the x10....and I intend to use it!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Next? I'll be out there with my x10 waiting for you......I'm not hard to find, just hard to handle. Take a good look, and ask yourself....."Do I feel lucky?"
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards.....Just having fun, one victim at a time!
Script by Otis Squirrel...if you don't like it send your complaint to : Devil Squirrel, somewhere in Texas, last I heard!
Rupert
Views: 1,217
11-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know that you and Otis wish everyone "Happy Holidays"--enjoy--charlie zap click on the link.It's sure to please Otis.
Holidays by JibJab Sendables - Christmas - Video shared by charles

Last edited by charliezap; 11-23-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: missing text
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, that was some story. Possibly it is true though, you never know about you Texans. Like the song says, you got to worry about those reflexes one day:

Reflexes got the better of me
And what is to be must be.
Every day the bucket goes to the well,
But one day the bottom will drop out,
Yes, one day the bottom will drop out.
But I say:
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot no deputy, oh no

Watch your back Rupert, always take a sidekick with you and have a Happy Thanksgiving. Bob
11-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I know that you and Otis wish everyone "Happy Holidays"--enjoy--charlie zap click on the link.It's sure to please Otis.
Holidays by JibJab Sendables - Christmas - Video shared by charles
Gotta love it Charlie! Thanks a bunch form me and Otis, and the best Thanksgiving of all for you and your family!

Best Regards!
Rupert

11-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Man, that was some story. Possibly it is true though, you never know about you Texans. Like the song says, you got to worry about those reflexes one day:

Reflexes got the better of me
And what is to be must be.
Every day the bucket goes to the well,
But one day the bottom will drop out,
Yes, one day the bottom will drop out.
But I say:
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot no deputy, oh no

Watch your back Rupert, always take a sidekick with you and have a Happy Thanksgiving. Bob
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too Bob! That bottom is holding by a thread...but it is still holding! Just having a little fun.....you may have noticed...I love a little fun...you guys provide the great photos, I just try to have a little fun.
Enjoy the day...it will never come again!
Best Regards!
Rupert
11-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Gotta love it Charlie! Thanks a bunch form me and Otis, and the best Thanksgiving of all for you and your family!

Best Regards!
Rupert
That site is a lot of fun and it's free.Give it a try --You can put up to 5 faces on an Ecard.---charliezap
11-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

great series.... perfect slice of life shots... dave m

11-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Charlie, I intend to have some fun there, thanks for that link! Very neat site!

Dave, thanks, and it was fun! Over on Flickr a member asked for a crop of the Sheriff.....here it is. The x10 doesn't crop as well as the K5, but plenty good enough for most things.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards & Happy Thanksgiving to all!
11-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Rupert - that x10 is one mean huck-a-arn. You'll nail 'em everytime!

Jer
11-24-2011, 08:02 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LOL! Your posts always make me laugh!
Great story and thanks for the laugh!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Tom