Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
journeys..
Posted By: distorted_vision, 12-19-2007, 05:08 AM

well heres a shot of a bus that i took tonight,, theres something about this image that clicks with me.. im really enjoying this out-of-focus street style. surprisingly, its actually more of a challenge to get these sort of images to work, compared to a perfectly focused and executed shot.. i think half of the effectiveness with this style is the apparent 'rushed' feeling that it gives off.its the challenge of finding that medium between focused and out of focus..
i am very aware that this is more than likely my distorted mind going crazy, however, i like it.:ugh:

Views: 1,876
12-19-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You are right! This image makes me stare to the center of it, to those three lights along the road. Not to point to any object there, it just makes me stare....
12-19-2007, 05:24 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I believe that you are on a journey, my friend - a life altering journey. You seem to be having awakenings and epiphanies on a regular basis - - and that is great! I am guessing that you are a very energetic person that lives life with his cup half full rather than half empty.

If you feel rewarded and pleased with your efforts then the process has meaning and relevance.
Personally - I like in-focus pictures.
12-19-2007, 05:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentagor Quote
You are right! This image makes me stare to the center of it, to those three lights along the road. Not to point to any object there, it just makes me stare....
yup, i know what u mean and im glad you said that thanks mate..

12-19-2007, 05:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
I believe that you are on a journey, my friend - a life altering journey. You seem to be having awakenings and epiphanies on a regular basis - - and that is great! I am guessing that you are a very energetic person that lives life with his cup half full rather than half empty.

If you feel rewarded and pleased with your efforts then the process has meaning and relevance.
Personally - I like in-focus pictures.
thanks ever so much j.scott. i really appreciate that i am most certainly on a journey and i intend to live my life to the full! and you are correct again.... i am rediculously energetic and i just wonder around looking for photo opportunities every single day..i always make sure my cup is half full,sometimes even 3/5th's

at this time in my life.. i feel i need to experiment with all types of styles of photography, so i think it is probably a good thing that i keep working on un-orthodox methods etc., however on the same note.. i completely agree with you.- in-focus is certainly more rewarding in more ways.

thanks alot for the feedback mate..

merry xmas and i wish u a happy and safe new year,

kev..
12-19-2007, 05:45 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote

Couldn't have said it better myself. The great thing is that your willing to experiment. It's how you find your style and what you want to shoot. It only really matters if you like the shot. The more unorthodox things you try, the better you'll be overall. Some things will be tried and discarded, others will be explored in deeper ways. All attempts will influence how you shoot and see the world.

My favourite shots are almost never the ones that people I know or the members of PF (and other places) find the best. But for me they speak in ways others don't see.
12-19-2007, 05:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Couldn't have said it better myself. The great thing is that your willing to experiment. It's how you find your style and what you want to shoot. It only really matters if you like the shot. The more unorthodox things you try, the better you'll be overall. Some things will be tried and discarded, others will be explored in deeper ways. All attempts will influence how you shoot and see the world.

My favourite shots are almost never the ones that people I know or the members of PF (and other places) find the best. But for me they speak in ways others don't see.
thanks peter.. i agree 100%. that is the great thing about photography isnt it?!.. it all comes down to personal interpretation and taste.. i think that is partly the reason why i am so hooked.. i have always enjoyed art.. i have been airbrushing for years now and i also really enjoy oil paintings and graphite sketches.. so i guess photography is another avenue that i need to explore.. with that said, it is by far the most rewarding in my oppinion.. i can be feeling dreadful and all i have to do is pik up my gear and go for a walk.. it completely cheers me up and gives me direction.. anything that is capable of that... surely is not a bad thing..
12-19-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
JMR
Veteran Member

I have seen many of your images on this site and I would say your style is developing, but nonetheless leans toward a kind of abstactism and shooting from or getting an unorthodox viewpoint. Not easy in photography.

Sometimes your images work and sometimes they don't. This shot has a prominent center-post and out of focus highlights that attract too much attention.

I recommend that you, or for that matter, all our members, look at the well known works of Freeman Patterson, or this site to help increase your knowledge of photography. You will also see many styles and good articles. I think you will find them helpful.

Freeman Patterson : Photographer and Writer and The Luminous Landscape

JMR

12-19-2007, 11:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
I have seen many of your images on this site and I would say your style is developing, but nonetheless leans toward a kind of abstactism and shooting from or getting an unorthodox viewpoint. Not easy in photography.

Sometimes your images work and sometimes they don't. This shot has a prominent center-post and out of focus highlights that attract too much attention.

I recommend that you, or for that matter, all our members, look at the well known works of Freeman Patterson, or this site to help increase your knowledge of photography. You will also see many styles and good articles. I think you will find them helpful.

Freeman Patterson : Photographer and Writer and The Luminous Landscape

JMR
thanks for the advice mate.. i will have a look at this freeman patterson you mentioned..

regards,kev
12-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
Can't exactly pin down why I like it, but I really do.... ;-)

Nice work!
12-22-2007, 05:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxFan Quote
Can't exactly pin down why I like it, but I really do.... ;-)

Nice work!

thanks alot mate.. i think its just a set of pics that, altho are not perfect, still portray the sense of achievement and happiness which is evident from the fishermen..
12-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I truly dig your stuff, DV. As I mentioned before, many of your images would make great covers for spy novels. Man, you could've made a fortune during the cold war.

Seriously, great stuff, my friend.

Jer
12-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I truly dig your stuff, DV. As I mentioned before, many of your images would make great covers for spy novels. Man, you could've made a fortune during the cold war.

Seriously, great stuff, my friend.

Jer
thanks alot mate... it means alot to me as a photographer when someone else appreciates my work... so, thank you.

this is my passion, this in my lifestyle, so the fact that i can share it with all you guys makes it so much more rewarding...

i appreciate the comment in regards the spy novels

regards, and a merry xmas,

kev..