Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few santa and cheerleader photos with k10
Posted By: slip, 12-21-2006, 06:00 PM

I really like the "natural" look that comes out of the k10. all of these are indoors no flash, ISO 800-1000. some might think they are a little dark, but this is the way I like them
BTW, not my kids.... coming soon
The only PP was to lighten them a bit

Views: 1,919
12-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You might want to pull back the blue a bit and I believe you will get a better color rendition.
Cool Santa with a real beard.
The last one looks as if the focus was a little behind their faces.
2 and 4 are nice tight shots that the individual cheerleaders probably would appreciate.
12-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
You might want to pull back the blue a bit and I believe you will get a better color rendition.
Cool Santa with a real beard.
The last one looks as if the focus was a little behind their faces.
2 and 4 are nice tight shots that the individual cheerleaders probably would appreciate.
Thanks for the tips, clarance. I used the WB preview which pointed to me using the incidencent WB. I agree they are a tad cold. I need to learn how to use the incremental color temperature adjustments, and soon!
the last one is also a bit unsharp as hand holding at 1/20 isn't an easy thing for my shakey hands

thanks again for all the tips,

randy
12-22-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
Forum Member

i was gonna say the same thing about the cold look of it...

i don't know what you guys use to edit your photos but i know photoshop has something where it adds cold or warm filters to the photos and it has a large variation of both.... i tried it once on one of my photos and it worked pretty good...

but they are nice pics... i've said it a few times on this forum already... i don't really like using flash... gives shadows and reflections that aren't naturaly there.... so i like these

12-22-2006, 03:35 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Great shots Randy, but again I have to agree about the coldness. What program do you use for PP?

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-22-2006, 06:09 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by INcreative Quote
i was gonna say the same thing about the cold look of it...

i don't know what you guys use to edit your photos but i know photoshop has something where it adds cold or warm filters to the photos and it has a large variation of both.... i tried it once on one of my photos and it worked pretty good...

but they are nice pics... i've said it a few times on this forum already... i don't really like using flash... gives shadows and reflections that aren't naturaly there.... so i like these
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Great shots Randy, but again I have to agree about the coldness. What program do you use for PP?

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
I have been using PS CS2. I wanted to post these to show "right out of the camera" I think when I have time I will use the photo filter in PS as it will warm them up a bit.
thanks for the comments so far!

randy
12-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice work, Randy.

Another option for wb would be to try one of the florescent settings. I believe they're at various points mid-way between daylight and incandescent - which might have got you a closer match.

Again, Nice work