Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A day in the studio! Fashion Mayhem!
Posted By: codiac2600, 12-21-2007, 08:13 AM

Well I went over to the models house today and actually went through her entire wardrobe to find some great outfits for a shoot. I tried to find things to match her different personalities and capture them with some good lighting. All of these were shot with the DA* 16-50mm 2.8 with a little PP'ing on some of the images to cover up some of the less than flattering detail this lens picked up. I tried going for a fresh look on the first set of images, using the great distortions of the wide end while trying near the end to get some mood setting angles and less distortion.

Thanks for viewing and as always I love to hear some C&C and it is very much appreciated.

Punkish

Sporty

Mystical

Magical

I think on the last series I should have used a little hair light, but next time I'll think of it in the middle of the shoot.
Views: 1,971
12-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not bad Chris - some are a little dark for me but overall well done. I like the light box effect of the fist few. The football shots make me wanna Blitz
12-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Not bad Chris - some are a little dark for me but overall well done. I like the light box effect of the fist few. The football shots make me wanna Blitz
Thanks and I'm still trying to figure what to do with the lighting, I'm really getting stuck, but will get it figured out.
12-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Dave?

You do realize that a blitz often results in a sack?

12-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
You do realize that a blitz often results in a sack?
Nice one Tom !!! yep - it would have to be an audible call cause the coach (wife) would be calling for a pure zone coverage no contact (at least with that QB )
12-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Sorry Chris:

I just realized I forgot to comment on the photos!

The first sporty shot is my favorite shot of all the model shots I've seen posted here. And I'm not that serious a football fan, either...
12-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

The first sporty shot is my favorite shot of all the model shots I've seen posted here. And I'm not that serious a football fan, either...
hard not to comment....still nice photos, but on all the football comments....what, no backfield in motion?

ok ok, might make a blurry photo, but I had to!

12-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
Inactive Account

man, this should probably be censored and i wont be surprised if it is........

if she is playing QB i want to play tailback

somebody tossed it out there, i just ran with it....
12-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Wow, thanks Tom!

Man you guys are bad.... really bad
12-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Another trial, Chris. This series is really fun to view.

The last shot really does it for me. Love the lighting there.
12-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #11

Chris, I like the football shots the most, because the model looks like she's really into the moment. #6 is my least favorite, because she looks like she's forcing the pose and looks uncomfortable. For me, the contrast of the crossed light shots is too high because I can't see the shadowed eye at all and the light on the face looks a bit harsh (maybe that's what you're going for). However, I really like the last one of the sequence- the mood and lighting work very well together. As for the first 3 pics: 1 and 2 seem a bit forced, but #3 has a cool vibe- nice wide angle distortion, choice of angle, pose, and expression.

I can't say that I really appreciate fashion/model photography, but I can appreciate expression and mood. From what I see, your camera chops are there. I think the next step for you is to spend more time with the model on the set to get her into the moment, and more importantly, get her relaxed- talk her up, make her feel really secure and confident, and she will shine through the lens.
12-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

The sporty ones look awesome, really like them. LOL @ Tom and Craftsmansky...cheeky old farts .
12-22-2007, 01:44 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Unusual and interesting angles/perspectives Chris. They really engage you as you look at them. Great poses and compositions and overall I like the lighting. Perhaps some are a little dark but not by much. Very creative.

Paul
12-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I have looked at these a few times now. I have to say I really like #1. The angle the style it is different and I like it. don"t get me wrong the rest are good but that first one I think stands out. I am not sure the blue dress ones do anything for her. Again this is my humble opinion.