Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winter wonderland...
Posted By: CJCram, 12-21-2007, 07:33 PM

Here are a few pictures I took of a frosty winter morning in Saskatoon. C&C is always welcome and appreciated!

Views: 1,615
12-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice work. I really do like them all. That snow makes everything seem surreal to me. Maybe cause I live in a desert climate?
12-22-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

All great shots CJ, but that first one felt so cold! Good work! I really like the last one, too, I just wish the walking couple stood out a little more.
12-23-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You' ve certainly captured the feel of dank and cold CJ. I'm surprised you seem to have pretty dense fog in Saskatoon at the moment. In my ignorance I thought the air would be drier, so you wouldn't get much fog. Do you get it often? Used to it here in England of course and there was plenty on a recent trip to BC when we stayed on Vancouver Island for a couple of days. My favourite photo is the last but I agree with Steve on the couple walking.

Paul

12-23-2007, 05:20 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots CJ, like the last one, and unlike the other posters I like the fact that the walkers are far away and remote, gives a more lonely feel to the shot, especially with all those empty benches.

NaCl(maybe I just don't like people )H2O
12-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
We actually don't get fog very often here at all (or hoar frost for that matter). Sometimes when we get radical temperature changes it causes the fog to happen (we've had 2 foggy days since the fall). The week previous to those shots it was about -20 or - 30 degrees Celsius, but that night it warmed up to about -7 for the morning. But yes, generally it is quite dry here I thought I should take advantage of it- I saw at least 3 other people out that morning taking pictures along the river too.

The picture with the couple: I really wanted to take a closer up of them, but they were walking toward me, and I was worried they wouldn't want me to take their picture (the K10D with a Sigma 17-70mm lens is less than inconspicuous!). I should have just been braver and asked them...

Thanks for the positive comments. I haven't had a lot of time to work on improving my photographic skills, but I am trying! I got a fun new lens for Christmas- a Lensbaby 2.0 and I'm really excited to see what I can do with it.
12-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice shots CJ - I like the second one - the stand alone tree looks very cool - and yep tell'em it's a dry cold cause on the days it hits -30 or lower in a humid climate the atmosphere would be solid