Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Do you get the mood?
Posted By: roentarre, 12-21-2007, 11:40 PM

It has been a month since I returne from Japan. A trip filled with autumn sentiment and full of natural beauty. The things I saw might not be the best wonder in the world but surely it was enough for me to relax and enjoy that there was more to life rather than just work and politics...

Slowly I am churning out the photos and some you might have already seen. Feel free to throw grenades or criticism at the shots. Landscape photography with k10d and SR really means snap shots for me these days ...

Castle walk - where I sat on the bench for 2 hours with o cha in my hands. I miss that already

I could still remembered that there was cloud obscuring Mt Fuji. The patience was wearing off but finally I met this powerful being face to face ...

Carvings on the stone suggested a style of writing in the period where west and east contradicts each other.

A bridge that I had seen Geisha walking pass by. They are the pretty ones that walked really elegantly, avoiding my camera with their hands covered by white powder...

Then a traditional Japanese style garden filled with bonsai and tea aroma. Again, this is better than alcohol or ecstacy

A shrine where I pay my respect; I had encountered my buddha with its 12 guardians. A wonderful occasion

Since my trip was limited to the central Japan in the mountain. The fresh water fish were the common dishes seen...

Geisha's favorite snack

More to come
Views: 4,490
12-22-2007, 07:40 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I wish I stopped photography at the time and enjoyed the feeling more over there ...

A great series of pics! I think my favorites were the red bridge & maple leaves in the first batch and the b&w shot of water splashing off some rocks in the second batch. The sentiment you expressed in the quote is exactly the advice that was given by a Nat'l Geo. photographer at a workshop I attended years ago. When we try to photograph everything we do, we put a barrier between us and the experience. Sometimes we need to leave the camera home and just go and enjoy life.

12-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very, very nice.
It makes me want to visit Japan!
What you've shown us looks very professional to me.

I have some non camera related questions:

How did you prepare for that trip? How do you find all these beautiful sites?
How do you get around in Japan? Language, information, directions, menus etc?

- Bert
12-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Great series roentarre looking through them was like watching a compelling movie - I enjoyed them all and was only disappointed with the fact there were no more. The serenity, history and beauty make this a place I would like to visit one day. Thanks for sharing.
12-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #19
Veteran Member

What a wonderful series James. You sure do good work!

12-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I totally agree. I had several business trip to Kamakura region and on one was able to convince my collegues to spend an extra day. I have always wanted to go back with my wife and these pictures brings back that ache. Such a beautiful colorful area.
12-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Nice indeed ... Japan is one place I'd love to go and explore as well.
A photographers paradise really ... you'd need a good guide though.
I think Mike Cash would be a great guide to the country ... especially from the passenger seat of his truck.
12-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for sharing - truly enjoyed seeing your images. No way were there too many!!

12-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I need to see more buddy! It's a dream of mine to go there myself, but seeing as I don't do well anywhere near an airport I don't I'll ever make it.

Wonderful captures and a lot to really gie the place justice. Thank you for taking us along with your beautful captures.
12-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #24
Veteran Member

sooo... much.... beautiful... color.... must...resist.... from...drooling...!!
12-23-2007, 05:50 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All the positive responses. Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by weatherwise2 Quote
I have always wanted to go back with my wife and these pictures brings back that ache. Such a beautiful colorful area.
Definitely worth while. A place to nurture one's mind.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
A photographers paradise really ... you'd need a good guide though.
I think Mike Cash would be a great guide to the country ... especially from the passenger seat of his truck.
It would be great. But that is a big favour to ask

QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
No way were there too many!!
The images are uploaded slowly on my LCD screen... You are kind

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
It's a dream of mine to go there myself, but seeing as I don't do well anywhere near an airport I don't I'll ever make it.
Thanks, Chris. Are you saying you have a phobia with flight? I used to have one myself but I just make sure I did not sleep the day before I get onto the plane. Fatique doest get you forget things ...

QuoteOriginally posted by dugrant153 Quote
sooo... much.... beautiful... color.... must...resist.... from...drooling...!!
I am sure there are so many beautiful autumn leaves in Canada and UK. Looking forward to visit Canada later next year
12-23-2007, 05:55 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Scenery

Since I just processed a few to add to the post after a really delicious Christmas meal (quite costly too), A few more to be presented here.

Where many romantic movies are made. But some of the detective TV series are often made around this lake for the killer to commit suicide in

12-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #27
Veteran Member

They just keep getting better The red tree with the water in the back is amazing.
12-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Really beautiful pictures james, that must have been a great trip
12-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #29
Veteran Member

People wonder why we take pictures of things that we see? We enjoy the view now and later...I enjoyed the view.....beautiful place....nice shots...thanks..
12-23-2007, 06:10 PM   #30

Amazing photography!

The pictures are great and really pull the viewer's eyes to them.

I LOVE IT!!!!