Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Do you get the mood?
Posted By: roentarre, 12-21-2007, 11:40 PM

It has been a month since I returne from Japan. A trip filled with autumn sentiment and full of natural beauty. The things I saw might not be the best wonder in the world but surely it was enough for me to relax and enjoy that there was more to life rather than just work and politics...

Slowly I am churning out the photos and some you might have already seen. Feel free to throw grenades or criticism at the shots. Landscape photography with k10d and SR really means snap shots for me these days ...

Castle walk - where I sat on the bench for 2 hours with o cha in my hands. I miss that already

I could still remembered that there was cloud obscuring Mt Fuji. The patience was wearing off but finally I met this powerful being face to face ...

Carvings on the stone suggested a style of writing in the period where west and east contradicts each other.

A bridge that I had seen Geisha walking pass by. They are the pretty ones that walked really elegantly, avoiding my camera with their hands covered by white powder...

Then a traditional Japanese style garden filled with bonsai and tea aroma. Again, this is better than alcohol or ecstacy

A shrine where I pay my respect; I had encountered my buddha with its 12 guardians. A wonderful occasion

Since my trip was limited to the central Japan in the mountain. The fresh water fish were the common dishes seen...

Geisha's favorite snack

More to come
Views: 4,488
12-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Waterfalls

One thing that I concentrated on was taking waterfall shots. I had at least visited 14 waterfalls in this trip. Quite amazing that I could manage to see these many waterfalls...

It was freezing at the time. My tripod was freezingly cold too

Distant Waterfall surrounded by maple leaves

This one took 2 hours hike to reach

This one floods

A small one accompanied by the red leaves

Handheld against a rail from a distance. Quite proud of this using fa* 80-200

Dragon head in the centre, the waterfall is like a giant beard

Omni waterfall

Another one

There are a lot more. Waterfall frenzy
12-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Aki - Red Autumn

Majority of the shots came from Voigtlander 125mm macro. I think this lens is really good for normal telephoto lenses since it is sharp, consistant reliable bokeh and beautiful lens to manual focus with.

This was the common sceney seen everywhere I went. Lots of carotene with no chlorophyl ...

Actually k10d does not do colour red too well. When negatively compensated for 1 stop, the colour is more accurate but the whole shot turned out to be darker as well. The colour seems redder on my brother's sony digital cam!
12-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oriental artefacts

When I was young, I was forced to learn old doctrines and dull scrolls of various nature. One of which was about Buddhism. Again, I did not really appreciate it until my arrival to Australia.

The re-encounter with the old monuments and scriptures alike were really appealing to me somehow. Hence a lot of captures around these themes ...

Sacred drinking water pot - supposed to cleanse the soul

The shrines and temples

Castle (the remnant of the former biggest one in Japan)

The bridge of the oldest three in Japan

Path of consecration

The legendary hero in waring state period

12-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Magnificent, all, I especially like the shot with the multiple fall's.
Wal'
12-22-2007, 12:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Glimpses

I think there are already a lot of shots. Maybe I would not post any more pics for a while

12-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #7
Igilligan

Thank you so much for these photos.
I wish you could see the look on my face. It was pure Joy looking thru this wonderful series. I feel like I was along with you. This is a fine example of what photos can do. Transport one to another world. Wow! That is some vacation photography.
Truly inspiring.
-gus-

12-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful series indeed. Too much? Maybe for the servers and networking involved, but not too much for me!

My favorites: The multiple colored trees (90142096.jpg), the little girl, and the one with the lake that looks like it's draining into a valley below.

Thanks for taking the time to post each and every one!

-Chris
12-22-2007, 01:02 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Excellent series of shots....all of them are very high quality indeed and the colours are simply simply stunning. Cant see numbers but a handful of these are instant all time favourites.
12-22-2007, 02:02 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wonderful series, far to many images to comment on a single one or 2 but thus set certainly give me an appreciation of the beauty of the area. Thanks for taking the time to post this many shots, not too many for me. Great waterfall series as well.
12-22-2007, 02:40 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jeeeez mate.. these pictures take the cake dont they! awesome.. well done.. some absolutely breathtaking shots in this series of shots you have showed us...
12-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #12
Inactive Account

I feel you were not only on a visual experience of Japan but a spiritual one as well. This mind set definitely assists you in acquiring these stunning images.

You have not offended me with quantity - keep 'em coming!
12-22-2007, 04:18 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all

QuoteOriginally posted by hinckc Quote
Wonderful series indeed. Too much? Maybe for the servers and networking involved, but not too much for me!

-Chris
Thanks Christ for commenting. I had private messages in the past for posting images too big and too large that dial-up users found the threads might crash their computers ...

I am a serial offender :P

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
Excellent series of shots.....
I could see bad points with some of the shots and wished HDR could be applied to a lot of images there. (Shot 61 giga of them - a lot of snaps involved)

No luxury to use the techniques ... sigh

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Wonderful series, far to many images to comment on a single one or 2 but thus set certainly give me an appreciation of the beauty of the area. Thanks for taking the time to post this many shots, not too many for me. Great waterfall series as well.
Hi Peter. Sure you are being kind here. I think selection of some photos would really represent what I felt and sensed with these images. Sometimes a series of photos could convey stories or give a sense of atmosphere at the time rather than a single image.

I wish I stopped photography at the time and enjoyed the feeling more over there ...

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
some absolutely breathtaking shots in this series of shots you have showed us...
Thanks. Seriously, New Zealand would be great to investigate for any landscape photographers. Thinking of escaping there with my Amex Card free ticket in January

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
I feel you were not only on a visual experience of Japan but a spiritual one as well. This mind set definitely assists you in acquiring these stunning images.

You have not offended me with quantity - keep 'em coming!
It is true that I had been getting relaxed when I visisted the place. It was like a monk hiking through the fields.

There were numerous hot baths I had enjoyed in various locations. They are surely invigorating in deed.

Refreshing experience.

Thanks for all the comments
12-22-2007, 04:36 AM   #14

A breathtaking series of pictures.

Guido
12-22-2007, 06:36 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I could not begin to comment on them all. I cal say they are all excellent in my eyes. I felt like I was on the trip with you. These are all things I could see printed and hung. Just really great series. Thanks for sharing them all.