Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome)
Posted By: jbrowning, 12-22-2007, 08:28 PM

Well I had bought my son a Pentax zx-5 film camera for Christmas so today I had to take it out for a gentle ride........(to make sure it is in good working order of course). I think it is going to work out fine. Oh and this is the first film I have shot since about 1980 I think.

A little motion happening

And a little bit more motion happening

Well I don't think these came out looking too bad. I do notice that I really need to use the 1.4 teleconverter on this camera. I was using a 28-80mm lense and most of the shots were maxed out at 80mm. All in all the focus seems good. So I think maybe next year I will have a little company while I'm out shooting.

Thanks for looking
Jim
Views: 2,006
12-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

These have turned out pretty damn good ... I really haven't used an actual SLR with film at all ... so for me ... I'd be a tad scared ... I reckon I'd screw if a few rolls of film.

This is a great present though for your son ... I'd love to give a prsent like that one day ... will be a great learning experience for him that's for sure ... and if he really gets into photography you will get some enjoyment in tutoring him ... and enjoying time together out taking pictures.
12-23-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
You have a fine camera there! I still shoot and like using film. I tried to buy film yesterday and the 1st camera shop I entered had a pitiful selection of film. The next place had a much better selection in a cooler, no less! Film is fun to work with! I will never give it up! But I can't find Fuji Velvia 50 in this town to save my life, though.

I bought a roll of 120mm Pro 160C, for my soon-to-arrive Yashica Mat 124G and a roll of 135 Fuji Sensia 100 slide film for either my Yashica Lynx 14E or the Pentax ME super. I think the ME Super needs some attention as the last roll came back almost all black; I am fearing a light leak. Probably needs to have the light seals on the back door replaced. It's a good idea to do what you have done by running a roll through the camera first. If he got the first roll back and it was ruined by a light leak it may turn him off film cameras.

I hope your son appreciates what you are doing for him by giving him a 'real' camera.

Merry Christmas!