Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
butterly and a........rug
Posted By: distorted_vision, 12-23-2007, 03:53 PM

hey guys, i just took this shot from an artistic point of view.. its not supposed to be a detailed shot.. and its in b&w because the rug is fluro colours and the butterfly is monotone.
pretty much an experimental shot...

Views: 1,203
12-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ya know my wife was going to get me a hat that had RSP on it. "Random Sh#& Photographer" (she may still xmas is soon ) If I get one I will make you a member - hell you could be the president !

I like the photo , it is off beat, random, and appeals to my sense of DV well done!
12-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Ya know my wife was going to get me a hat that had RSP on it. "Random Sh#& Photographer" (she may still xmas is soon ) If I get one I will make you a member - hell you could be the president !

I like the photo , it is off beat, random, and appeals to my sense of DV well done!
hah!! thats awesome... RSP sounds good to me!!! hah!!

im glad you like the pic!!
12-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
well heres the same butterfly..i carefuly picked him/her up and placed him/her gently onto some branches. i think this looks like it could be a pretty cool t-shirt design?? mayb thats just my bizare mind again... the fact that t-shirt came to mind 1st... suggests that i should probably get it printed on a shirt... so i will the only thing i will add are some crazy eyes that look out of place and weird... just because i can.... eeek
i have a bad habbit of printing my images onto clothing and table clothes.. they make for pretty cool presents tho in my oppinion.. alot more interesting than something you can get in the shop... im actually in the middle of getting a hooded jumper printed for my friend who is a pro surfer.. its of his fav surf break, so i think he will really appreciate it..

12-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #5

The first one was cool, but it was lacking something, but I still can't put my finger on what was missing for me.. I think maybe it looked to "photographic" but as a result the "highlights" looked blown out to me.

This second one.... blows me away. I love it.

This shot helps me remember that a digital camera isn't just for nailing "perfect" exposures, but moreover to capture a scene to be a starting point to create an amazing image!

Thanks for posting!!

-Chris
12-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hinckc Quote
The first one was cool, but it was lacking something, but I still can't put my finger on what was missing for me.. I think maybe it looked to "photographic" but as a result the "highlights" looked blown out to me.

This second one.... blows me away. I love it.

This shot helps me remember that a digital camera isn't just for nailing "perfect" exposures, but moreover to capture a scene to be a starting point to create an amazing image!

Thanks for posting!!

-Chris
ahhh, awesome.. im so happy i managed to 'stir -the- pot' so to speak.. digital photography is amazing and i love it... not everything has to be textbook,,, infact.. i loathe textbook.
12-24-2007, 04:09 AM   #7
Inactive Account

You've got a very cooperative subject there - pose him on the rug, then some trees - try him on the end of someones nose! A great huge butterfly on someones nose and their eyes are poppin' out of their sockets - now that might be a cool picture!

I like the second shot better - I'm not sure why. The background is interesting, I'm not sure if the bug needs to be there. (Just thinking out loud.)