Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Car Daze
Posted By: Sailor, 12-23-2007, 04:03 PM

Along with sailing, music and photography, I'm a "car guy". To me, one of life's simple pleasures is washing and waxing a car (at least my car; I never touch my wife's Honda). Yesterday I worked on both my new arrival (the first white car I've owned in years) and my Mazdaspeed Miata. Here are a few late evening shots I took at the cocktail hour after the work was done. BTW, adjusting white balance on a white car is proving challenging - I'll gratefully accept tips.

Jer

Dark blue Texas sky near dusk:

Classic pose:

Wheel detail (red reflection is from the Miata):

Roadster waiting for a ride:

A bizarre shot that I - for some reason - enjoy more than any of the others.

Last edited by Sailor; 12-23-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: I can't get my daze straight
Views: 1,356
12-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow I am so Jealous beautiful machines! The best tip I can give ya - don't move here I share your passion for wax on wax off but for half the year at least I gotta deal with this

In spring and summer I like the shine of Carabuna wax although it does not last as long as some of synthetic ones. Lately I have been using Meguires Quick Detail for weekly touch up jobs , it works well. For processing tips if you are using Photoshop try the magic selection tool to select the car and hopefully it will select all of it. You can then adjust exposure, brightness, temperature, etc for just the car
12-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Man! I love the wheel on the Beemer!
12-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #4

I'm a car guy too, love the BMW!

12-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Is that a four car garage?
12-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I count three wheel tracks.

That red MX-5 looks great! Mine's silver; a tad bland, and of course not as fast as red ones! Taking it for a run in the mountains tomorrow, but unlike your cars, Jer, it's filthy, we're not allowed to wash them in Melbourne (drought).
12-24-2007, 05:42 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice .... would love to see more of these if you do have more.
I think there's a number of car nuts on this forum ... would love to see the red MX-5 in more detail.

12-24-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks all for the nice comments. I've only had the Bimmer for a month or so (I ordered it in September), so I haven't had a chance to photograph it anywhere but the driveway.

I've had the MX-5 for over two years; the best fun-for-the-buck car I've ever owned. For those that are interested, the Mazdaspeed versions were built at the end of 2004 through mid 2005 and sport a turbocharged engine with modified heads (178 hp), beefed up tranny and clutch, and a very stiff suspension (you can feel a dime in a parking lot). Per Simon's request, here are some additional images taken over the last couple of years (some of which I may have posted before).

Have a Merry Christmas, everyone.

Jer

12-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

very tidy little car mate,.,. looks like its in great condition... awesome.. 178 horsepower in that car would go pretty gud!!! nice work..