Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Swimming with a sea turtle
Posted By: Spenz, 12-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Went to Hawaii with my new K5 but there are some things that my little Optio W60 is better suited for...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo 

Views: 3,246
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
V/Nice photo (chucks K5 away and reaches for water resistant P&S)!

12-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
hey, In my naive way I sort of like the first one, it "looks" like its under water, ... If red gets filtered out more is it not going to have an odd color balance anyway. Maybe the camera captured more like what was there rather than what we expect to see. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the first is correct, just that I prefer it. How do you tell what's correct in that situation unless you were there to witness it ?

cheers
All very logical and reasonable thoughts.

I have had a go at scuba diving at a diving school some years ago and what I remember looked a bit like the first picture, perhaps not quite so green. However where the sunlight hit any fish or such close to the surface the colours as I remember were quite amazing. With this in mind, right or wrong, I had a go at the shot and this is what I com up with. Perhaps just another variation to consider.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 06-05-2012 at 06:43 AM.
12-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll think I'll start printing a few variations and see which one my wife likes that way we're all happy.
12-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Nature at it's finest! That's one awesome shot, nice work!! Tom

12-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tpg2 Quote
Nature at it's finest! That's one awesome shot, nice work!! Tom
Thanks Tom!
12-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #21

Amazing image! It really makes you want to go diving.

I like the first version better as well I think. Color is so beautiful.
01-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
All very logical and reasonable thoughts.

I have had a go at scuba diving at a diving school some years ago and what I remember looked a bit like the first picture, perhaps not quite so green. However where the sunlight hit any fish or such close to the surface the colours as I remember were quite amazing. With this in mind, right or wrong, I had a go at the shot and this is what I com up with. Perhaps just another variation to consider.

Greetings
Your version looks just a touch too much on the reds, to my eye. But maybe I'm just too used to diving in green soup... We dove our local harbor on New Years Day, and at 30 ft depth we were getting maybe 15 ft visibility. Up close you could see the vivid purples, yellows, etc, but even 5 or 6 ft away it really gets muted...

QuoteOriginally posted by Spenz Quote
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll think I'll start printing a few variations and see which one my wife likes that way we're all happy.
"If the mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy" applies to vacation photos too!

Jim

01-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Your version looks just a touch too much on the reds, to my eye. But maybe I'm just too used to diving in green soup... We dove our local harbor on New Years Day, and at 30 ft depth we were getting maybe 15 ft visibility. Up close you could see the vivid purples, yellows, etc, but even 5 or 6 ft away it really gets muted...
Hi
Oh dear the green soup doesn't sound too exiting. Quite a different story where I tried my hands (lungs) at it at the Great Barrier Reef. (Australia) I never ventured further than some 10metres but I remember how clear the water was. The ocean floor (which was approx 15-20m) at the point where I dived looked actually quite bland and coulourless and I was quite disappointed. The fishes I recall looked colourfull however when sunbeams where hitting them. Particularly close to the surface where the sun was less filtered. And I distinctly remember the reds came out very strongly. Unfortunately I have no pictures to show as I could not secure a suitable case for my camera. (Film it was then) But the memory lives for ever.

Greetings