Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Macro lessons
Posted By: BobS, 12-24-2007, 12:27 PM

Now that the flower macro poll is closed, I thought I'd post these crops of my entry. After looking at the other entries, I realized that I could improve my shot by limiting the view.

I've tried two separate crops. Let me know what you think.

Name:  Delphinium_Pagans_Purple_Crop1.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  72.6 KB

Name:  Delphinium_Pagans_Purple_Crop3.JPG
Views: 285
Size:  72.8 KB

Here are my reasons for the two crops:

I wanted to do a 100% crop (so I'm limited in the number of pixels).

The first crop accentuated the transparency of the petal, and the veining. However, the stamen just barely poked into the right corner.

The second was chosen to show more of the stamen, and the metallic appearance, but also tried to retain the transparency of the petals. I personally like the second one better, but wondered which one you like?

As a side note, my lens required that I stood about 5-6 feet away in order to focus in Macro mode, and I didn't have a tripod.

Last edited by BobS; 12-25-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Views: 1,866