Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Redbeard
Lens: FA 50mm 1.4 Camera: K10D Photo Location: Frederick, MD ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: xfloggingkylex, 12-28-2011, 01:49 PM

A self portrait for a photo contest between some friends. Using 2 flashes through 43in umbrellas cross lit, one back camera right, the other front camera left.

Edit: I should point out that this was very spur of the moment board on Christmas eve. Also I know the focus is slightly too far back, another pain of self portraits even with using a stand in.

Last edited by xfloggingkylex; 12-28-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Views: 759
12-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
another pain of self portraits
I have not hit the focus of a "selfie" dead on yet!

I hope you don't mind the C&C from a complete nub. I like your lighting, respectfully, your choice of backgrounds might be better though.
12-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
Matt, I completely agree and as soon as I posted it up I edited the picture to state that it was very spur of the moment, background wasn't planned or anything. In fact I think I did it there because the flashes were already where they needed to be.

Thanks.